SAAC Forum

Deals and Appeals => Wanted to Buy => Topic started by: Cobra Pack on September 30, 2026, 01:07:47 PM

Title: 1969 or 1970 Boss 302 Oil Cooler Block Adaptor
Post by: Cobra Pack on September 30, 2026, 01:07:47 PM
Looking for an oil cooler block adaptor for my April 1969 build Boss 302 (prefer '69 but okay with '70).  It did not have one originally, but I have the rest of the setup and would like to install when I get it back on the road/track after 48 years of sitting in the prior owner's garage.  If it's part of a complete setup, that would be fine too.
Title: Re: 1969 or 1970 Boss 302 Oil Cooler Block Adaptor
Post by: shelbydoug on September 30, 2026, 01:31:55 PM
What are you calling the adapter? I have an extra hollow bolt if that helps?

I would call the reducer for the bolt to the block an "adapter".

I have not seen one with a C9 engineering number. Only a D0 like this one.

Title: Re: 1969 or 1970 Boss 302 Oil Cooler Block Adaptor
Post by: Bob Gaines on September 30, 2026, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: Cobra Pack on September 30, 2026, 01:07:47 PMLooking for an oil cooler block adaptor for my April 1969 build Boss 302 (prefer '69 but okay with '70).  It did not have one originally, but I have the rest of the setup and would like to install when I get it back on the road/track after 48 years of sitting in the prior owner's garage.  If it's part of a complete setup, that would be fine too.
I was talking to a B302 head concours judge who recently said that the consensus is changing to only the factory 4.30 equipped cars came with a oil cooler on a B302 so you may want to research that.
Title: Re: 1969 or 1970 Boss 302 Oil Cooler Block Adaptor
Post by: Special Ed on September 30, 2026, 10:10:42 PM
70 w-codes had the oil coolers even thou the 69 had the oil cooler lines holes and both horns on the rh side they were built to have oil coolers but never did so it would be an easy  added install on a 69 and not have to cut any holes in rad support.
Title: Re: 1969 or 1970 Boss 302 Oil Cooler Block Adaptor
Post by: J_Speegle on October 01, 2026, 03:17:55 PM
Quote from: Special Ed on September 30, 2026, 10:10:42 PM70 w-codes had the oil coolers even thou the 69 had the oil cooler lines holes and both horns on the rh side.......

Ed do you mean to state that 69 Boss 302's had holes cut for oil cooler lines from the factory on the drivers side radiator support on all, some, with certain gear rations or for some other application or option?