SAAC Forum

SAAC HQ => Concours Talk => Topic started by: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on September 30, 2026, 11:17:33 AM

Title: Tires for a 69 GT500
Post by: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on September 30, 2026, 11:17:33 AM
What does everyone recommend for tires to use for look, longevity and handling? I currently have BF Goodrich 245 60 R15 in RWL. What is better suited (appearance wise) for the 69 GT500?
Title: Re: Tires for a 69 GT500
Post by: Bill on September 30, 2026, 12:21:39 PM
Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on September 30, 2026, 11:17:33 AMWhat does everyone recommend for tires to use for look, longevity and handling? I currently have BF Goodrich 245 60 R15 in RWL. What is better suited (appearance wise) for the 69 GT500?

I've been really happy with Cooper Cobra, 235/60/15 all the way around. Have them on both my 69 GT500 fastback and my current 1970 GT350 convertible. Nice, quality ride, quiet on the highway, and no clearance issues. I mount mine blackwall out as perhaps one day I'll add the proper raised white lettering for show, but for now, that is not my focus, which is the drive.........Everything about the cars in my collection is about the drive, as my 300 mile round trip, with the top down, to and from SAAC 51 can attest.