I am looking for a picture of the correct intake manifold plug on a late production 1966. If someone has two that would be great. Thanks
Two of them? Guess you have more than one non-automatic 66 or want a spare. ???
As for the plug I would suggest the square head with the divot on the one side or add that details once you find a usable plug with the square head.
Hi Jeff, I thought the correct plug is a hex head?
Original from my 66...
Here's a picture of the plugs in the intake of a Hertz car when we repainted the engine in 2021
A metal tube attaches to the back fitting for the automatic transmission, the other is a pipe style fitting for the PCV valve. It's the picture i have at this time
Quote from: s2ms on September 26, 2026, 01:46:59 PMHi Jeff, I thought the correct plug is a hex head?
Kid of expected this question. Should have included more in my first response.
Appears, IMO based on what I've collected, both were used. Guest we could ask what the OP meant by "late production"
Thanks for the pictures.. My car was not shipped from SA until Nov 1966
Quote from: SFcarbuff on September 26, 2026, 08:09:27 PMThanks for the pictures.. My car was not shipped from SA until Nov 1966
Shipping date from Shelby's not going to place it well for this discussion.
Here are some additional pictures hex or six sided on left - square or four side on right
(https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/gallery/23/6-260926215933-23602640.jpeg)
Thanks for the latest pictures. They helped alot.