News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1965 Mustang claiming to be a Shelby

Started by silverton_ford, April 08, 2024, 03:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

I will let you decide.....    :o    A bit of a stretch...  I thought April Fool's was last week.....  ???  Notice photos of 5R002 before restoration in the ad too.  Weird....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156154518550

Video from 2020 -

I think we discussed this back in 2020 too, but I can't find the old thread.

(Note...I haven't figured out how to post photos to the new format yet, but will soon.)

tesgt350

Some Boddy is going to be little upset.............

TA Coupe

Quote from: silverton_ford on April 08, 2024, 03:02:00 PMI will let you decide.....    :o     A bit of a stretch...  I thought April Fool's was last week.....   ???   Notice photos of 5R002 before restoration in the ad too.  Weird....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156154518550

Video from 2020 -

I think we discussed this back in 2020 too, but I can't find the old thread.

(Note...I haven't figured out how to post photos to the new format yet, but will soon.)

Click on user actions then click and drag files in order to post pictures.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

98SVT - was 06GT

Let's not forget the Donahue car was badly crashed and replaced with a T code (6 cyl) Fastback. It was also painted dark blue........

Was the story created before 002 came back from Mexico? The "documentation" has 2000 on it - and of course no signature.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

kram350

Would think SAAC could verify with the Ford VIN?

kram350

6R07mi

so if I understand this ad,
  they have a vintage mustang with many vintage modifications that were typical of what was done in the past to mustangs used in competition?
  the car has clearly had VIN transferred from another body (state/federal offense? )
  they are trying to add "prototype GT350 R" attribute to boost value to an auction?

my simple conclusion is, this is:
an interesting vintage mustang with what appears to be vintage (back-in-the-day) race modifications, with troubling, possibly legal jeopardy VIN identification manipulation.

IF this was an authentic GT350 body then the RH apron SFMxxxxx stamping would be present OR it's removal evident!

otherwise it cannot claim to be anything other than an interesting old used mustang body

regards
jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

S7MS427

+1, regardless of the famous name associated with the car...
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

tesgt350

Quote from: S7MS427 on April 19, 2024, 02:29:36 PM+1, regardless of the famous name associated with the car...

Famous name associated with the CAR or with the VIN#?

Shane

gt350bp

Most of the modifications are relevant to a drag race history. The air shocks, extended rear spring shackles and the transmission cut for a Super Shifter are typical drag race modifications. I question why anyone would put finish paint on a car before the other bodywork was completed. Looks like the wheelhouses, front frame rail extensions and floors still need quite a bit of work.

Don
gt350bp

Fastbackfred

I saw, and looked over this car in person. It's a T code fastback with holes drilled various places to mimic a gt350r. Plain and simple. Vin doesn't appear to be a weld in, so the story of a stolen 350r with vin replaced is BS.

Car has a decent paint job on it, but it's not complete. Swiss Cheese floorboards, 8 inch rearend, no interior except for the interior 1/4 panels. There are absolutely no Shelby parts  on, or in this car whatsoever.

It would be a good candidate for a clone, but is just a roller, missing almost everything else.