News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford GT s getting taken out one at a time.

Started by deathsled, December 27, 2023, 09:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

Shawn

Quote from: 68krrrr on January 01, 2024, 05:05:14 PM
I just had  a fresh set of the recommended Bridgestone's put  on my (new to me) Gt ,the car came with the original Goodyears on it still ,which i kept for historical purposes .I figure i see people selling the original Goodyear speedways for our 67 Gt500's for show purposes ,so i might as well save these .

I did the same thing and purchased a new set of wheels from Ford.  This way the original tires were not removed from the assembly line wheels.  I can say never really bought into the hype about how bad the Good Years were (age also a factor).  Sent my car to Rich Brooks back in October as a 500 mile carefully garaged 06 GT.  My new purpose was to have the car gone thru add PPF, new Bridgestones, X pipe etc.  The tires transformed the car and feels much better grabbing the road.  While the car was there Rich used it as a backdrop for a motor he was selling.  Big difference and certainly recommended.

daltondavid

rear view Camera is the best upgrade I did to my 05 GT
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

shelbydoug

What unit did you use? I would like to combine it with some sort of a "smart" rear view mirror that records front and back views as well but it is all confusing to me so far.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

68krrrr

I used the Type S 100% wireless one & made  a little video i posted on the Gt forum
https://youtu.be/DGSu-Nf4TY8?si=OvdKxUf9HOY1Fyu_
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

shelbydoug

Quote from: 68krrrr on Today at 12:17:35 AMI used the Type S 100% wireless one & made  a little video i posted on the Gt forum

Thanks for the information.

Finding space for the "viewing monitor" in small cars is always going to be the issue?

I'm trying to find the combination for my Pantera where the monitor is the rear view mirror and the screen is 100% of the mirror, not a 2" x 3" miniaturization? At this moment, that screen size is the limiting factor for me.

Technology marches on and probably it is just a matter of time before the right combination appears?

As far as the GT's being wrecked, I'd take an educated guess and say that the percentage of total wrecks is similar to the '60s wrecked Cobras, Corvettes and all other "performance" cars, not to mention motorcycles?

With vehicles of this performance magnitude it is just going to happen probably even to some "qualified drivers" but there are no drivers ratings like for aircraft. The qualification is just that you can afford to buy the car. The percentage of unqualified's now is probably comparable to the 1960's, just a larger base population to draw from?

A fair comparison might be the discussion about private persons being able to afford paying the $12-20 million to take a ride into space? The thought is that there are enough people that can afford that to create a waiting line?

When Ford decided to cross over into manufacturing "super cars" they understood that it was a different market and the customer's a  different customer. It wasn't a '65 Mustang "Secretaries car" market. While there is certainly "old money" in the world, a term that I remember was "nouveau riche" and the "spending orgy" that entails with it's onslaught initially?

"Captains of Industry" fit in there somewhere as well but it looks like they are more responsible? Maybe?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: 68krrrr on Today at 12:17:35 AMI used the Type S 100% wireless one & made  a little video i posted on the Gt forum
Great video. Just subscribed. Very clever to use your phone as the screen. Actually ingenious. Your GT looks hot in blue and white stripes.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on Today at 08:48:23 AM

Finding space for the "viewing monitor" in small cars is always going to be the issue?

I'm trying to find the combination for my Pantera where the monitor is the rear view mirror and the screen is 100% of the mirror, not a 2" x 3" miniaturization? At this moment, that screen size is the limiting factor for me.

Technology marches on and probably it is just a matter of time before the right combination appears?

As far as the GT's being wrecked, I'd take an educated guess and say that the percentage of total wrecks is similar to the '60s wrecked Cobras, Corvettes and all other "performance" cars, not to mention motorcycles?

With vehicles of this performance magnitude it is just going to happen probably even to some "qualified drivers" but there are no drivers ratings like for aircraft. The qualification is just that you can afford to buy the car. The percentage of unqualified's now is probably comparable to the 1960's, just a larger base population to draw from?

A fair comparison might be the discussion about private persons being able to afford paying the $12-20 million to take a ride into space? The thought is that there are enough people that can afford that to create a waiting line?

When Ford decided to cross over into manufacturing "super cars" they understood that it was a different market and the customer's a  different customer. It wasn't a '65 Mustang "Secretaries car" market. While there is certainly "old money" in the world, a term that I remember was "nouveau riche" and the "spending orgy" that entails with it's onslaught initially?

"Captains of Industry" fit in there somewhere as well but it looks like they are more responsible? Maybe?
Doug, I believe there are mirrors out there that come on for the rear camera when backing then revert to a normal mirror while driving forward.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on Today at 04:48:07 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on Today at 08:48:23 AM

Doug, I believe there are mirrors out there that come on for the rear camera when backing then revert to a normal mirror while driving forward.

Yes but the size of the image is generally 2" x 3" whereas the mirror is 2-1/2" x 8". That small image  makes it difficult to see the detail needed.

Considering the cost of the system, it's best not to have to compromise on something like that?

There are systems like that shown in the video, that use a good size non-permanently mounted monitor and whereas that would work great in your new pickup truck, back fitting the system into these small cabin GT's, the monitor will just take up the entire console if you want to permanently mount it and forget about anything else in the console.

I'm still looking. Likely it is just a matter of time? I try to pick everyone else's brain. I'm not proud.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

I'd be tempted to add one of those motorhome systems that have a camera at each corner.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless