News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Attending My First SAAC Event SAAC-49

Started by Benny, April 03, 2024, 05:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny

G'day to my Shelby American brothers, this will be the first SAAC event, so I can't wait. What can I expect because I'm hoping to see a few 289 & 427 Cobras. It's very rare to see a genuine Cobra here in Australia, as a matter of fact, I've only seen one real Cobra in person & that was CSX2105 before it returned to the USA. I'm hoping to meet people like Rick Kopec, Howard Pardee, Ned Scudder, Jeff Burgy, Greg Kolasa, Jay Talbott, David Mathews, Vince Liska etc, etc. I also hope to network with some gents who might want to sell their SAAC magazines from the 70's & 80's. Anyway, I look forward to meeting some of you, cheers.

(I'm also hoping you Yankee's bring as many GT350's & GT500's as you can to this event, a GT40 wouldn't go astray ;D).
6S1507

mark p

the SAAC Convention is THE PLACE to see the cars from Shelby American... plus there are 2 GT40's (Mk II and Mk IV) to go along with the very first Daytona Coupe at the Simeone Museum.
I can't imagine that you will be disappointed.

See you there  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Benny

Thanks Mark, I appreciate your reply, I can't wait & I look forward to seeing you there, cheers.
6S1507

JayTalbott

Benny,
Glad you are coming, it's a huge commitment.

Stop by the merchandise tent and introduce yourself, I'll be there. Other people you mentioned will be working at other areas.

Think about volunteering somewhere for an hour or two. You will get to meet more people that way than you will by just wandering around, (although you will have plenty of time for that also).

Best of luck in your travels.

Jay Talbott
SAAC Membership
Jay Talbott
SAAC Board of Directors
SAAC Membership Director

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Benny,
Jay is right, volunteer and you will more people than you ever meet by just walking around. It's a lot of fun, only takes a few hours out of the day and it will help make the convention better for all. You may even meet Jay Tabolt's "Prius driving Brother", now that a real celebrity.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

LT427

JD

Quote from: LT427 on April 24, 2024, 12:38:13 PMI take it the meet is in Denver?

SAAC 49 will be held at New Jersey Motorsports Park.
July 25th-27th 2024.

https://www.saac.com/forum/index.php?topic=24907.0
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Cobrask8

Popular Ballot car show is always happy to have volunteers help! That's how I got sucked in 25+ years ago.