News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

9F03R480822 on BAT

Started by 5s386, April 21, 2024, 11:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbymann1970

Pretty rare car in silver Jade. Has had paint work done as well as work underneath(mentioned by one person). I messaged the seller to see if they have the structural plate that SHOULD be bolted to the floor especially on a BB car.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Survivor

My shop picked up on the frame, floors and torque.  Looks like someone had fun with a trowel and a 6 rack of Bud.  The plate and exhaust are next on their list.  Stay tuned for answers/insight from the seller-or not.

Survivor

For the record: not a shop that I own and operate but rather one that I use to service my cars and inspect those for sale/at auction.   

SCJSTU

Quote from: Survivor on April 22, 2024, 04:52:55 PMMy shop picked up on the frame, floors and torque.  Looks like someone had fun with a trowel and a 6 rack of Bud.  The plate and exhaust are next on their list.  Stay tuned for answers/insight from the seller-or not.

to my unexpert self car looks pretty dry underneath but looks like at some point in time someone slopped a lot of undercoating type material everywhere....with it being sold at a dealer in PA I would assume salt protection.....missing center plate probably dropped the driveshaft or worked on exhaust at some time...
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

Coralsnake

To me it looks there at least a couple spots where there is probably total rust through, covered by some putty or some other product.

Pictures 256 and 280 are indicative of whats going on.

Its been my experience that rust is always 2x worse than you think.

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Survivor

Agreed Pete-pic 189 is troubling as well.  And agreed that the stabilizer plate was removed for either of the 2 reasons noted above.  All in all, not too too bad.  We asked for some add'l pics. on BAT and also inquired about why the car had a scatter shield in place of the factory bell housing?  Could it have been raced...   

NukeGT

Shouldn't there be a "Special Performance Vehicle" tag on the door in picture 314? Does that indicate that the LH door was replaced?

Coralsnake

It should have the Custom Crafted door tag above the warranty plate.

I guess its possible they missed one?
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Survivor

stephen_becker

SOLD for $ 134,000.00! - Wow

FL SAAC

Quote from: stephen_becker on April 29, 2024, 03:49:21 PMSOLD for $ 134,000.00! - Wow

Fair price, once again the market has spoken
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

csx289

Purchased by the owner of a GTO- and not the kind made by Pontiac! A little birdie told me he's sending the GT500 off for a full resto.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: csx289 on May 01, 2024, 10:59:41 AMPurchased by the owner of a GTO- and not the kind made by Pontiac! A little birdie told me he's sending the GT500 off for a full resto.
Good to hear it will be saved in some form or fashion .  Hopefully if it is to be restored to some kind of historical context the restorer will have enough sense to know his (or hers) limitations and reach out to places like this forum for help to fill in the blanks.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby