News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Recent posts

SAVE THE DATE!

The 2024 Colorado Concours d'Elegance will be Sunday June 9th (9:00-3:00pm) at the Arapahoe Community College.

Cheers!!
Hey everyone I have a 2011 GT350 CSM#149, it is an N/A with AT trans I heard they made 7-10 cars only but anyway lets cut the story short I'm planning to swap the coyote motor to 7.3 Godzilla and adding a MT  TR6060 trans, and I'm keeping the original drive train safe, maybe it will affect the value I don't know and I don't care but since  this car is a keeper and Im not planning to sell it ever because this is my first ever Shelby I bought it  brand new almost 13 years ago, the car is not a garage queen I drive it enjoy it I'm hear to share this idea with you guys and see if there is any advice and tell me what do you think of this build?, also the idea of this car is much like what if there is a GT350 super snake or 427 version of the modern 350 I've seen some classic Shelby's on YouTube being modified check the link below and the modification didn't affect the value that much as long as the build is in high quality, let me know what do you think of this build

https://youtu.be/OGZuvvNJFig

https://youtu.be/976CXHBzV5Y
Parts For Sale / NEW 14" BFG Silvertown Pin Whi...
Last post by Shawn - Today at 09:00:36 AM
I had previously made a post for 4 rims along with these tires.  I have decided to keep the rims and the tires are for sale.  Just changed my mind on the white wall style.  Purchased new from Coker Tire last fall and had mounted on my rims to move the car out of paint shop.  Tires have no road use and are just a few months old. Paid $1,400 for the 4 tires willing to sell for $900 obo

215/70R14 Tire Conversion Chart

Suitable Radial Replacement For: F70-14 Bias Ply Tire

Similar Size Radial Alternative: FR70-14

Can deliver to Ford Carlisle

Thanks

Shawn
Ford GT / Re: Ford GT s getting taken ou...
Last post by shelbydoug - Today at 08:48:23 AM
Quote from: 68krrrr on Today at 12:17:35 AMI used the Type S 100% wireless one & made  a little video i posted on the Gt forum
https://youtu.be/DGSu-Nf4TY8?si=OvdKxUf9HOY1Fyu_

Thanks for the information.

Finding space for the "viewing monitor" in small cars is always going to be the issue?

I'm trying to find the combination for my Pantera where the monitor is the rear view mirror and the screen is 100% of the mirror, not a 2" x 3" miniaturization? At this moment, that screen size is the limiting factor for me.

Technology marches on and probably it is just a matter of time before the right combination appears?

As far as the GT's being wrecked, I'd take an educated guess and say that the percentage of total wrecks is similar to the '60s wrecked Cobras, Corvettes and all other "performance" cars, not to mention motorcycles?

With vehicles of this performance magnitude it is just going to happen probably even to some "qualified drivers" but there are no drivers ratings like for aircraft. The qualification is just that you can afford to buy the car. The percentage of unqualified's now is probably comparable to the 1960's, just a larger base population to draw from?

A fair comparison might be the discussion about private persons being able to afford paying the $12-20 million to take a ride into space? The thought is that there are enough people that can afford that to create a waiting line?

When Ford decided to cross over into manufacturing "super cars" they understood that it was a different market and the customer's a  different customer. It wasn't a '65 Mustang "Secretaries car" market. While there is certainly "old money" in the world, a term that I remember was "nouveau riche" and the "spending orgy" that entails with it's onslaught initially?

"Captains of Industry" fit in there somewhere as well but it looks like they are more responsible? Maybe?
FWIW, when I was restoring 6S1487, just the staples were there. I found that the staples seemed identical to those used on the splash shields. They probably used the same industrial staple gun to apply them. You can install them manually and fold over from the backside.
Cars For Sale / Re: wanted.... top notch close...
Last post by SCOTTGTK - Today at 06:58:50 AM
Thanks jgroce1985... I just PM'd you, hopefully it worked.
1966 Shelby GT350/GT350H / Re: Quarter window plastics
Last post by Chad - Today at 06:52:34 AM
I know I keep saying it but they are coming soon.  We had to make a change to the mold after we made the first sample pieces

Chad
Wanted to Buy / GT350 Aluminum Cobra Oil Pan
Last post by mtdubvee - Today at 06:38:08 AM
Anyone have an aluminum cobra T pan?
A good repro would be fine. GT350 style

Thanks
Matt

304-228-4732

Cars For Sale / Re: Lime gold 1967 GT350 4 Spe...
Last post by mtdubvee - Today at 06:34:40 AM
It's not for sale anymore I was told. FYI
Concours Talk / Re: License plate screws
Last post by J_Speegle - Today at 01:07:45 AM