News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Coronavirus anxiety therapy

Started by 557, March 20, 2020, 07:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Quote from: S7MS427 on April 11, 2020, 07:06:22 PM
Well I thought I had left some papers at work.  So I decided to make the drive in to pick them up, 62 miles round trip.  Turned out I hadn't, they might be with a co-worker.  All was not lost however because, you guest it, I drove the G.T.500 and took my son with me.  Gorgeous spring day, temps in the upper 50s with plenty of sun, beautiful stereo sound from the exhaust and the tapping of the lifters.  Gotta love the sound of a 427 when rowing through the gears.  What more could somebody want?  Just doesn't get much better than this... ;)
That's the spirit!  That's living life!  There are so few respites between work obligations.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

The Going Thing

Yesterday was a red-sky morning. Based on the METAR I knew the rain was coming by 1300 so I knew If I wanted some air I needed to get my posterior out as soon as I arrived home from my morning walk. I hit the shower, pulled on some cargo shorts and a shirt lit the vehicle. Of course 1500 rpm cold idle didn't make anyone really happy while it warmed up.  I really don't care either.... I pulled off and the cell starts ringing.  The first call is the neighbor across the street. 
She says "  You do realize the kids are sleeping in?"  I responded to her and said " Do I call you when your husband mows the yard at 0630 when I've been flying for four days and get home the night before at 0200?  These kids are 16 and 17.  Absolutely ridiculous. It makes me wonder if she still wipes their asses.
Anyway,  I wound up with a great ride down Southlake Blvd through Grapevine, Southlake, Keller and a few other municipalities.  The LE not concerned unless you're being unsafe. A few miles over the posted is simply ignored. Nice wide six-lane thoroughfare and  1.68 for 93.
I long for normality, but this still makes for great therapy.
Enjoy your vehicle where you normally wouldn't because of the aloof drivers and crowded roads. You may never get this opportunity again in your lifetime.

FL SAAC

We have found a very effective PPE being implemented
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on April 07, 2020, 09:31:17 AM
Thank you kind sir, we are here

Quote from: Don Johnston on April 07, 2020, 01:45:44 AM
Easy the worry and enjoy yourself.  Wrap yourself in your drivers helmet with face shield down when you go to the market. 

Prius drivers down own them. 8)

Where are the recovery numbers?
Strange, we do not know one person who has it yet?
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

As of April 2 over 200k recoveries

Folks this is the real deal, we have two directly on the frontline dealing with the affected on a daily basis.

Take care and be safe out there

More than 200,000 have recovered from coronavirus...but officials 'deeply concerned' about spread | TheHill
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/490778-more-than-200000-have-recovered-from-coronavirus?amp

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 15, 2020, 09:20:40 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on April 07, 2020, 09:31:17 AM
Thank you kind sir, we are here

Quote from: Don Johnston on April 07, 2020, 01:45:44 AM
Easy the worry and enjoy yourself.  Wrap yourself in your drivers helmet with face shield down when you go to the market. 

Prius drivers down own them. 8)

Where are the recovery numbers?
Strange, we do not know one person who has it yet?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Going forward the real issue isn't whether people have recovered,but rather they are still infectious.Jury still out on that.Immunity questions also a major issue.Scary.Wonder if you can outrun it with 400h.p.Only one way to find out!!!In all seriousness be vigilant folks.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 557 on April 15, 2020, 10:49:58 AM
Going forward the real issue isn't whether people have recovered,but rather they are still infectious.Jury still out on that.Immunity questions also a major issue.Scary.Wonder if you can outrun it with 400h.p.Only one way to find out!!!In all seriousness be vigilant folks.

;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

The Going Thing

I have just over 600 HP.  I am immune. Thank God for small favors. I don't have it and I'm not a carrier. At least I can put my idle hands to work to help others.
I have become a professional at power grocery shopping.. ;D
I long for normal. I know many don't believe in prayer or God. I do my due diligence and put them up every morning knocking out my walk while watching the sunrise.   
The weather seems to be like a woman who's having chronic PMS. 33 yesterday morning and 37 today. I wear a light jacket, but gloves and a jacket while wearing shorts may make me look like I'm in Florida.   :o

FL SAAC

We will be going through cycles.

As you mention proceed with caution, be aware of those that surround you. Distance yourself from society.

Quote from: 557 on April 15, 2020, 10:49:58 AM

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

Valid excuse for not hanging out with those you really don't want to be with.  In-laws not allowed to visit. No need to be socially  polite. 8)

The Going Thing

Quote from: Don Johnston on April 15, 2020, 02:30:39 PM
Valid excuse for not hanging out with those you really don't want to be with.  In-laws not allowed to visit. No need to be socially  polite. 8)

LMAO- Don. That's funny!

I imagine it puts a serious damper on "dating".... 8)

Don Johnston

Rocket

Took 6S550 out for a spin today. Sure felt good. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

DGSOH

'67 0066 is in the shop (an hour away) having some work done that requires the occasional test drive... guess who's getting his coronavirus therapy and who is not lol. At least someone is enjoying the ride.