News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Shelby original magazine articles / photos

Started by Richstang, August 26, 2018, 12:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Quote from: JD on August 29, 2018, 10:13:05 PM
Quote from: Richstang on August 29, 2018, 08:07:38 PM
Thanks JD..I meant to post some cover, but got side tracked.
What issue is the CARS Hi-Performance cover?

Here's some more

The High Performance Cars is October of '66

JD, that seems to be too early for a Shelby article...maybe just a Mustang test drive?
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Richstang

Quote from: Richstang on August 29, 2018, 10:08:55 PM
I believe this cover and article was posted by Kieth "SFM66H" and maybe Mike "Honker" found the issue for him ??

The early white USL car with MI plates has both the misplaced fender emblem and the "GT" gas cap. The hubcaps are another oddity in that no hubcap cars were available early on, only Magstar rims.

My notes have this white GT350 as possibly #0025.
That could be wrong, but the registry states there was a note on the receipt "Loan to Vendor for Fitting Purposes".
What vendor? AO Smith in MI? For the creation/ fitment of the temporary 2-pc nose? Questions we will likely never find answers too.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

SFM66H

Yep, it was Honker Mike who was responsible for sharing that jaw-dropping "Track & Traffic" cover shot with me and the Shelby World. I call it "my $200.00+ magazine" because I was so excited to learn about that never-before-seen (to me) LAX image, that I did with Mike the same thing I did with George Watters. I contacted him personally to see if he would consider sending the issue to me so I could scan it, post it on the Forum and then return it to him. He did better than that, it turned out that he actually had an extra issue that he would sell to me! I jumped at the opportunity, and he was such a nice, very friendly guy that we talked for a quite a long time. Only after I hung up did something occur to me. I asked the wife, "Is our calling plan International?" She asked why. I told her I just spoke with a guy in Canada for a couple hours (est.) and I was just wondering. We both shrugged our shoulders because we figured we did.

And then the bill came. We did NOT have international calling! Thus, the $200 phone call, and why I call that magazine that.

But it was a thrill to be able to acquire that issue, and I will Thank Mike here again!!

Kieth

Quote from: Richstang on August 29, 2018, 10:08:55 PM
I believe this cover and article was posted by Kieth "SFM66H" and maybe Mike "Honker" found the issue for him ??

The early white USL car with MI plates has both the misplaced fender emblem and the "GT" gas cap. The hubcaps are another oddity in that no hubcap cars were available early on, only Magstar rims.
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976