News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ford GT to sell on Dec. 1st. PLUS a Tucker Convertible

Started by tesgt350, November 29, 2023, 10:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhjanes

The Tucker factory never completed the convertible.  They went bankrupt before that happened. 
Read all about it here..
https://www.tuckerconvertible.com/history
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: rhjanes on November 29, 2023, 10:23:52 AM
The SHELBY factory never completed the SUPER COUPE.  They went bankrupt before that happened. 
History repeats itself........ Both prototypes both completed after sale into private hands.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

rhjanes

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 29, 2023, 11:18:30 AM
Quote from: rhjanes on November 29, 2023, 10:23:52 AM
The SHELBY factory never completed the SUPER COUPE.  They went bankrupt before that happened. 
History repeats itself........ Both prototypes both completed after sale into private hands.
It happens a LOT.   Toss in the designs that do reach some level of completeness and then stop due to any number of reasons.  Racing rules changed, no development funds, new ideas prove to be BAD ideas (dangerous). 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

GT350Bill

I live in Boise and followed the auction...

The Tucker was a no sell...I don't recall what it was bid to...

there were a few other mildly interesting cars....the 2005 Ford GT sold for $255K with a salvage title...

The 68 GT350 vert (#2781)went for $81k which, on the surface seems like a bargain given the listing hype but several of us took a good look at it ...it appeared that despite the claims of meticulous restoration, there was a significant amount of rust that had been painted over so it could be a nightmare or the buy of the year...I voted for the former...it was also claimed as numbers matching although it appeared that the VIN stamped on the engine block was different from the car VIN tag,

The 65 K-Code vert was a no sale...if I recall, it only went to the mid $30k's...questionable condition with pop rivets visible in the trunk area...

The 68 CS was a no sale at around $28K...

The entire lot came from a local collection...it seemed like an odd collection in that they were all drivers but apparently hade been warehoused for quite a number of years in the belief that they were more special that it turned out.