News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Dukes of Hazzard the actual 1967 Mustang Shelby Boss Hogg Car

Started by BGlover67, January 05, 2020, 11:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Not mine, still, I'd take this over an Eleanor.

https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/d/port-orange-dukes-of-hazzard-the-actual/7047773597.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLpJqYzWbXg

From the Dukes of Hazzard the actual 1967 Mustang Shelby Boss Hogg Car used in the Warner Brother's filming of the 2005 movie. Mustang was converted into a Shelby GT stock car. Powered by mild high performance parts 302ci engine. This Shelby played a major role in the movie and raced along side the General Lee. Character Billy Prickett played the role of Boss Hogg who was racing the car against the General Lee. Automatic transmission. New tires. Runs and Drives great.

$55,000

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

6s1640

Hi Brian,

This car has been offered before.  IIRC, it also has the Ford VIN of a six cylinder coupe.

Best of luck

Cory

BGlover67

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 05, 2020, 11:13:29 PM
Hi Brian,

This car has been offered before.  IIRC, it also has the Ford VIN of a six cylinder coupe.

Best of luck

Cory

I can't imagine why it hasn't sold yet.  :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

6s1640

Hi Brian,

I think this might be a legit "red herring".  The movie car status is diverting the attention of potential buyers that the car might be a piece of junk with poor workman ship for the restomod.  Now if it were a real fastback with a FE engine, it might get more attention.  But then again, I'd hate to see a FE fastback, or even a V8 fastback get messed up this way, but would be more appealing if it were a legitimate fastback.

Take care

Cory

Quote from: 6s1640 on January 05, 2020, 11:13:29 PM
Hi Brian,

Best of luck

Cory

I have seen pictures of guys converting coupes to fastbacks.

I don't really have a a problem with that if it is done well. Better than an imported shell IMO.

tesgt350

masons hotrods

I know this post is old but just came across it. All of the cars were factory fastbacks 1 6cyl 2 with 289 and one 390 . My shop sourced and built all 4 cars in 30 days for the movie . The cars were ruff cars but still a shame to have used them for this. All of the fiberglass came from Branda .3 of the cars were powered by 302 engines and the 4 car was a cut away with no engine. If you look at this car and even on the movie you will see my sticker on the trunk lid. It took a crew of about 6 guys working around the clock to make it happen. All of the cars made it threw the movie with mostly sheet metal damage. As for the one that supposedly had a coupe vin unless it was changed after movie or a factory miss stamp it's just not true . The movie company may have sold them without titles and now it has one.