News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S305 - Bring A Trailer

Started by silverton_ford, April 18, 2024, 10:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Link: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-shelby-mustang-gt350-8/#comments-anchor

Description:

This 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350 was first used as a company car by Ford executive and Shelby American liaison Ray Geddes before being sold with a demonstrator discount to Nagle Ford of Rochester, New York, in May 1966. It was acquired by the seller in April 1991 from Robert Oswalt of Oswalt's Mustangs & Parts, and a refurbishment performed by Mr. Oswalt at his shop in Leesville, South Carolina, was completed in June of that year. The car is powered by a replacement 289ci HiPo V8 paired with a four-speed manual transmission and has been refinished in white with blue stripes over black vinyl upholstery. Features include Kelsey-Hayes front disc brakes, 10-spoke 14″ alloy wheels, Koni shocks, a dash-mounted tachometer, a push-button AM radio, and a fold-down rear seat. This GT350 is now offered with owner's manuals, copies of Shelby American documents, a Shelby American Automobile Club serial number verification letter, a Carroll Shelby Motors license plate frame, and a clean South Carolina title in the seller's name.

The car was refinished in Wimbledon White with blue Le Mans and side stripes during the aforementioned refurbishment. Features unique to Shelby Mustangs included a steel-framed fiberglass hood with a scoop and torsion-type retaining pins as well as a bullet-style side-view mirror, fixed plexiglass rear quarter windows, and fiberglass brake-cooling scoops on the rear fenders.

Optional 10-spoke alloy wheels are finished in silver and mounted with E70-14″ Goodyear Custom Wide Tread tires. GT350s were factory-equipped with Kelsey-Hayes front disc brakes as well as larger rear drums than standard Mustangs.

The cabin is trimmed in black vinyl and features a Sport Deck rear seat, GT350-branded rear floormats, latch-and-link front seatbelts, a heater/defroster, and a push-button AM radio.

The three-spoke woodgrain steering wheel fronts a 140-mph speedometer flanked by fuel-level, oil-pressure, charging, and coolant-temperature gauges, and a Cobra-branded 9k-rpm tachometer is center-mounted atop the dash. The five-digit odometer shows 44k miles, approximately 600 of which were driven by the seller.

The replacement 289ci HiPo Windsor V8 was reportedly sourced from a 1967 GT350 and installed under Mr. Oswalt's ownership. Features include a Holley four-barrel carburetor, a high-rise aluminum intake manifold, a chrome open-element air cleaner, and finned aluminum valve covers with open-letter Cobra logos. Long-tube headers flow into a replacement dual exhaust system with glasspack mufflers and side exits.

Power is sent to the rear wheels through a four-speed manual transmission.

A copy of the Shelby American invoice indicates that the car was sold to Nagle Ford of Rochester, New York, in May 1966 and lists an optional rear seat as well as a demonstrator discount of $430.44 for a total price of $3,156.

CharlesTurner

Those tires look a bit old, I'd be hesitant to wind the car up in the driving video also.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

FL SAAC

Nice ride and the wheels look great !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

silverton_ford

Mikelj5S230

That is a great price for the seller, you wonder what he thinks it is worth.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

SBCARGUY

Quote from: Mikelj5S230 on May 01, 2024, 11:30:54 AMThat is a great price for the seller, you wonder what he thinks it is worth.

MORE... and it might have done it if he did a better job marketing it on BAT...

s2ms

Unless I missed it, would like to have seen him answer the questions about the odd looking GT350 owner's manual.
Dave - 6S1757

Coralsnake

Some recent BaT cars

6S1884 - sold for $149,500

6S814 sold for $130,000

6S1387 sold for $132,000

Not really sure you can attribute that to the seller
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

6s1640

Quote from: s2ms on May 01, 2024, 01:15:41 PMUnless I missed it, would like to have seen him answer the questions about the odd looking GT350 owner's manual.

Hi Dave,  you forgot to post an image of the manual in question for when the auction link no longer works.  Is this the one?  I wonder if Vernon has any thoughts on this piece.

Cory

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6s1640 on May 01, 2024, 03:18:13 PM
Quote from: s2ms on May 01, 2024, 01:15:41 PMUnless I missed it, would like to have seen him answer the questions about the odd looking GT350 owner's manual.

Hi Dave,  you forgot to post an image of the manual in question for when the auction link no longer works.  Is this the one?  I wonder if Vernon has any thoughts on this piece.

Cory
There are some different looking odd genuine factory owners manuals but that one (if it is factory ) is a new one on me. There are odd ball Shelby owners manuals in 66 67 68 69 and 70. Those alternative but factory manuals are typically the same style just printed in a more primitive manner as replacements most likely to keep costs down. The factory 66 GT350 owners manuals were written as supplements to the regular Mustang owners manual. The 66 GT350 manuals covered things that were typically unique to the GT350. The odd manual in the picture looks to be too thick to be that same GT350 only supplement . Given the regular Mustang manuals pages are written to fill a shorter horizontal page it would seem unlikely that extra money would be spent to reset type of the regular Mustang manual so as to be in the taller format to combine the two together like the book in the picture. That one doesn't even have the title centered on the page. I am not saying it can't be genuine just that it doesn't follow the pattern of other alternate 66-70 Shelby owners manuals that I have seen. It would also seem redundant to have the typical manual and the odd ball one together . One or the other not both.     
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

s2ms

Quote from: 6s1640 on May 01, 2024, 03:18:13 PM

Cory

Hi Cory,

Yes, that's the one. Vern asked about it in the auction as did I.  I agree with Bob it's most likely not genuine but sure it curious, would be nice to at least know what it is considering it's something we haven't seen before.

Dave
Dave - 6S1757

SBCARGUY

Quote from: Coralsnake on May 01, 2024, 02:29:07 PMSome recent BaT cars

6S1884 - sold for $149,500

6S814 sold for $130,000

6S1387 sold for $132,000

Not really sure you can attribute that to the seller

Since those are ALL Automatic Hertz cars....

They really do not compare in Value to a 4 Speed, Non-Hertz Car...

The seller might have done better "if" he had someone run the auction for him or... Added more photos or documented the "claims".

Based upon the information we all had... He should have taken the $175,500 (including the BAT Fee)

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com