News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What has happened to Shelby prices?

Started by 427hunter, June 23, 2018, 08:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am not sure about other models, but I know that a 4-speed '67 GT-350 value continues to rise annually.

Bigfoot

^^
That too.

Fewer 350's made in 67 than 66
Fewer 67-350's than 67-500's
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

Quote from: BGlover67 on June 27, 2018, 12:28:27 AM
Quote from: Bigfoot on June 26, 2018, 08:19:42 PM
I follow a few basic cars for fun.
I use EBay sales on cars that allegedly sold as a mark.
Based on this,...in the last 5 years
55 Chevy
67/68 Camaro
67/68 Mustang

All up between 10-20%
For basic nice driver cars with V8 and stick.

Other wise known as the BigFoot Report.

Don't mess with Bigfoot.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Harris Speedster

55 Chevy
67/68 Camaro
67/68 Mustang

All up between 10-20%

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Bigfoot,
I agree with the 3 you listed, but;
Something more is happening in the market>> IMO.

I never would have thought that prewar cars would increased again, but they are !
Granted a 6 cyl coupe mustang is more or less like a 4 door prewar car, always deals for ones that are the least desirable.

But even at that, the market on those cars has held their own. The adage that there is a seat for every ass, and an ass for every seat holds true.
The rational for years was that the older us old dogs got, a lessor amount of younger buyers would snatch them up.

The market is always on the move, up and down.
I see the 67 350 moving past the 66 350, always figured that would happen, as the 66 liked to ride along on the coat tails of the 1965.
I see future increases in the 68 or 69 Shelby conv . 350 or 500.

With respect,
John

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

shelbydoug

Quote from: Harris Speedster on June 27, 2018, 10:19:41 AM
55 Chevy
67/68 Camaro
67/68 Mustang

All up between 10-20%

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Bigfoot,

I never would have thought that prewar cars would increased again, but they are !
Granted a 6 cyl coupe mustang is more or less like a 4 door prewar car, always deals for ones that are the least desirable.

But even at that, the market on those cars has held their own. The adage that there is a seat for every ass, and an ass for every seat holds true.
The rational for years was that the older us old dogs got, a lessor amount of younger buyers would snatch them up.

I see the 67 350 moving past the 66 350, always figured that would happen, as the 66 liked to ride along on the coat tails of the 1965.

With respect,
John

You didn't buy that crystal ball from that guy on 63rd Street did you? He sold me a unicorn which turned out to be a Shetland Pony with a plastic dildo glued to its head.

You need to look out for stuff like that. I wish someone had warned me beforehand?  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: shelbydoug on June 27, 2018, 10:37:09 AM
55 Chevy
67/68 Camaro
67/68 Mustang

All up between 10-20%

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Bigfoot,

With respect,
John

You didn't buy that crystal ball from that guy on 63rd Street did you? He sold me a unicorn which turned out to be a Shetland Pony with a plastic dildo glued to its head.

You need to look out for stuff like that. I wish someone had warned me beforehand?  ;D
.   Are you familiar with a tune called"detachable penis"? Similar themes...Google it....

shelbydoug

Quote from: 557 on June 27, 2018, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on June 27, 2018, 10:37:09 AM
55 Chevy
67/68 Camaro
67/68 Mustang

All up between 10-20%

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Bigfoot,

With respect,
John

.   Are you familiar with a tune called"detachable penis"? Similar themes...Google it....

No. Never heard it, so that wouldn't have saved me.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

Every time someone tries to tell me that subsequent generations are not valuing classic Shelby's as much as past owners have, I just think of the Boss 9. It's value sure doesn't seem to have been diminished by the changing tastes of all the younger folks getting involved in this hobby.  Same holds true for original cobras. Blue chip collectibles will generally always stay that way because true beauty and design doesn't change according to generation.  I can show a present day 18 year old a picture of Sophia Loren from 40 years ago, and ask if they think she is beautiful and Ill bet most would say absolutely.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: BGlover67 on June 27, 2018, 03:20:50 PM
Every time someone tries to tell me that subsequent generations are not valuing classic Shelby's as much as past owners have, I just think of the Boss 9. It's value sure doesn't seem to have been diminished by the changing tastes of all the younger folks getting involved in this hobby.  Same holds true for original cobras. Blue chip collectibles will generally always stay that way because true beauty and design doesn't change according to generation.  I can show a present day 18 year old a picture of Sophia Loren from 40 years ago, and ask if they think she is beautiful and Ill bet most would say absolutely.

Now THAT is pure truth! Same goes for my favorite Hurst Shift girl. 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

And I coulda bought a running boss9 in primer in 82 for 4500 but held out for a Shelby,whoops!!!

69mach351w

Quote from: 557 on June 27, 2018, 05:05:18 PM
And I coulda bought a running boss9 in primer in 82 for 4500 but held out for a Shelby,whoops!!!
I could've bought a show, matching numbers black B9 in 1987 for $12,500 :o

Couldn't do it with a child one year old and one on the way :( 

Dizzy

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS, After meeting with my own personal financial adviser I feel it is only fair to pass along his/her advice to buy ANY '68 Shelby GT 350 convertible! They project incredible gains in value over the next few months! This is not common BS,but ACTUAL bull shit! Public records show the POTENTIAL GROWTH for these EXTREMELY RARE cars has already been seen on TV! Internet records may show TREMENDOUS gains overnight! Most GM ,or MOPAR collectors have not been notified ,and WILL NOT be notified to protect SAAC members personal data! You must act within the next 30 years to protect you,and YOUR FAMILY from possible identity theft by possible interest in these EXTREMELY RARE vehicles! Even Carroll Shelby can NOT,or WILL NOT, be available to protect you! Please do NOT share this sensitive investment insight with ANY NATIONAL SPORTS figures or movie stars..... The market for these RARE Shelby cars is expected to EXPLODE near the time of the lunar eclipse ,and that is IMPOSSIBLE to stop! That is GUARANTEED. Out of the BILLIONS of vehicles produced since the beginning of TIME, there are only a very LIMITED number of REAL 1968 Shelby Cobras and even FEWER convertibles! Take heed and only share this information with friends or family,or the guy at the bar that is slightly out of touch with reality.
By the way,I will be offering my '68 350 'vert for sale at the 2068 Nationals for an undisclosed amount. See you there? :o

Bigfoot

Quote from: 69mach351w on June 27, 2018, 05:16:30 PM
Quote from: 557 on June 27, 2018, 05:05:18 PM
I could've bought a show, matching numbers black B9 in 1987 for $12,500 :o

They look good in that color....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

sfm5

Quote from: BGlover67 on June 27, 2018, 03:20:50 PM

I think of the 1930's classics such as Duesenbergs, Mercedes 540Ks, etc., that have never been worth more and where the original generation of owners have not only "aged out" of the hobby but are long gone.
65 GT350

Chad

To all you guys that think the value of your shelby is dropping....call me I am a buyer!! :)