News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Correct Radiator Color

Started by mtdubvee, April 13, 2022, 05:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtdubvee

What is the correct radiator color for a 67 500? What shade or gloss level of black?

Thanks
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

Coralsnake

Black

With a 42.6 % gloss level
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Royce Peterson

This product looks pretty good. You do not want a heavy coat - just enough to cover for optimum radiator performance.

https://www.eastwood.com/ew-radiator-black-12oz-satin-finish.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-_bq0ImS9wIVPhXUAR3Wdw0-EAAYAiAAEgKGMPD_BwE&wickedid=391973562392&wickedsource=google&wv=3.1

Quote from: mtdubvee on April 13, 2022, 05:28:05 PM
What is the correct radiator color for a 67 500? What shade or gloss level of black?

Thanks
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 13, 2022, 06:10:56 PM
Black

With a 42.6 % gloss level
I think more like 42.7 but that is just me.  ;) ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

mtdubvee

SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

Special Ed

Radiator paint is a special  type paint for radiators to help cooling and durability i was told by my old radiator rebuilder.

rmarble57

Dammit............I did mine in 42.4.  Wondered why it wasn't glossy enough.

J_Speegle

Most often IMHO they were painted with a fairly high amount of gloss than dulled quickly due to heat cycles as period NOS examples from the same supplier document

Believe the paint was a lacquer based one
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Harris Speedster

Quote from: Special Ed on April 14, 2022, 02:01:10 PM
Radiator paint is a special  type paint for radiators to help cooling and durability i was told by my old radiator rebuilder.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Spot on Ed.
It has other ingredients, I believe an oil based type asphalt,>>> not the best description of ingredient though.
It was rather thick too.
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

FL SAAC

When we had our radiators repaired the radiator shop owner told us that paint will slightly reduce the heat exchange. I forget the correct  substance they use to coat  radiators black. But I guess a rattle can will do
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert