News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Brass Tag attached to fan shroud screw

Started by motorhead428, April 03, 2022, 12:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhead428

I found a brass tag about 1 1/4" X 1 1/2 " and a piece of bailing wire attached through a 1/4" hole drilled in it, that was in a baggie that had my fan shroud screws in it. On the metal tag were three hand written name's or one name Caryl Paul Fiod. Did employes at Shelby or Ford sometimes attach their name or did someone that repaired the radiator attach their name ? Any thoughts. Thank You Rick

J_Speegle

Would be interested in seeing the tag to get a better idea of what it looks like  but from your description it does not sound like anything I've heard of or seen on an unrestored and original car. Rebuilders tags are typically attached directly to the radiator and will mention a date and or the company

Of course  past owners could and did all sorts of unusual things to the cars for their own purposes
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

Yes not factory but only guesses as to its purpose and who would have attached it
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

Does the car have any southeastern history?
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

motorhead428

Yes, Car was delivered to Ball Ford in Miami, and lived in South Florida all its life.

Coralsnake

Well that's close enough

Carey Paul Ford was in Decatur Georgia

Looks like something a dealer may have done
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

J_Speegle

motorhead428

That is a possibility but the First name is Caryl and the third or last name is Fiod. The names are hand engraved. Thank you for your response.

davez

Perhaps the person who engraved it didn't speak or spell English very well.  When he labeled the tag for the customer that's the best they could have managed to do.

tesgt350

Maybe Caryl Paul Fiod is / was a Migrant and started his own Radiator Repair Business and he put those on Radiators he fixed incase one came back later...............