News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New movie in works about Enzo Ferrari. Adam Driver to play the lead.

Started by deathsled, February 17, 2022, 04:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

ottimo, speriamo sia in italiano con sottotitoli in inglese per coglierne la vera essenza
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

Quote from: deathsled on February 17, 2022, 04:35:13 PM
https://carbuzz.com/news/adam-driver-will-play-enzo-ferrari-in-upcoming-new-movie

Who casts these films?   Adam Driver looks even less like Enzo than Matt Damon did to CS.

Or, did some Hwood a-hole exec just say "His name is Driver...so he'll be perfect."
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Don Johnston

Side-Oilers

Where's Buster Keaton when we need him?

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

Side-Oilers

Younger...
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

67 GT350

I think Jimmy Derande or better yet, the guy form its a mad mad mad world.....the  "I go no respect" guy......?????
RARE  Signature Delete

Side-Oilers

Jimmy Durante was the guy from It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.  He flew his '57 Ford off the mountain road and crashed, starting the treasure hunt. 

Trivia: Driving that stretch of the "Palms to Pines" Highway 74 today, you can still see a part of the dirt ramp they built to do the stunt. Considering the film was shot in '62, that's a long time for it to still be there. 
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

Well I suppose that the fact they are even making another automotive themed movie is a miracle in and of itself.  I have no idea how Ford v. Ferrari ever made it to the silver screen given the current social climate of today.  But it was made.  And I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I suppose it is a balancing act of finding someone with acting talent and also looks remotely like Enzo, though I don't believe they dug deep enough this time.  Adam Driver certainly would not make it to the top five in my mind.  There must be someone out there besides Driver.  Why not use the guy who played Ferrari in Ford v. Ferrari?  He seemed quite good. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

I am waiting for the Canon No Balls EV Coast To Coast Run with no battery swaps allowed.  Fewest days wins.  Dream up your own antics for the screenplay.

As far as an Enzo movie, it will be interesting to see how Hollywood treats him and rewrites events in his life to boost box office. 8)

rhjanes

Quote from: Don Johnston on February 18, 2022, 02:34:25 AM
I am waiting for the Canon No Balls EV Coast To Coast Run with no battery swaps allowed.  Fewest days wins.  Dream up your own antics for the screenplay.

As far as an Enzo movie, it will be interesting to see how Hollywood treats him and rewrites events in his life to boost box office. 8)
Car & Driver sort of did it in the last year or two.  Wasn't a "Speed" event, more like a "Is this even possible".  Slightly entertaining but also they reported on the issues of getting charges as they went from the east coast to the west.  Going 45 minutes out of your way to reach a charging station where you'd have to wait an hour....but upon arrival find IT'S BROKEN!  (Oh CR*P!!).  I forget how many days they took doing it. 

Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

FL SAAC

I hear that "Joseph Frank Pesci" may play "Enzo".....FOGETABOUTIT!

I have all UNGOLD cars

68countrysedan

Factoid stumbled upon at IMDB

Film is listed in pre-production status.

Screen writer is listed as Troy Kennedy-Martin. He wrote the Italian Job.

What's interesting is this script is being produced now. Kennedy-Martin passed away in 2009, so the script has been kicking around Hollywood for sometime, no doubt in the seventh circle of rewite hell. Hope producer Michael Mann or someone read Enzo Ferrari: The Man, the Cars, the Races by Brock Yates before hand.

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

I hope A. Driver manages a better Italian accent than L.Gaga managed in the Gucci flick.She sound like someone that was freshly arrived in Italia from Moscow...... ::)