News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

S.A.A.C. First Convention 1976

Started by FL SAAC, May 14, 2024, 08:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Where were you in 1976 when this historical event occurred

Did you go?

Who was with you?

What did you drive?

What was your most memorable memory ?

This event has been compared to Wood Stock
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TA Coupe

I was there with Jack Schroll the owner of Mostly Mustangs in Oakland and he brought 6s001. I went in my 70 coupe. I worked a couple of exits from the event and lived about 6mi away. Most memorable memory was seeing a Cammer in a vehicle and all the parts for sale that I couldn't afford at the time.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

98SVT - was 06GT

COCOA drove up as a group from SoCal Lynn Park, Tom McIntire in Cobras. Tony Fasola in his 65 with Dan McGuire and I rode along with Mark Behne in his 68 GT350 - 843 was our only car at the time (Camaro was down for new engine) so it was left at home for the wife. It rained on the way and we sat under an underpass for awhile. When it didn't let up the topless Cobras decided to just drive fast enough so the rain went over them. Jim Wallace had left earlier with Mike Shoen's Coupe - he had picked it up at Petersen's orig museum on Hollywood Blvd. We commented on the POS trailer but it turned out that had been a SA vehicle too. 4 of us got a motel room across the street. Typical frat stuff - pull the mattress' off the bed and you end up with 4 instead of 2. Some guys came up from COCOA just for the swap meet they arrived about 1 am and crowded into our room. There were 8 total. Nobody got any sleep the BS session ended at 6am when we were out walking the parking lot again.
Jack's car was just a shell on the trailer. I heard that he sold it in the same condition many years later.
Duane Bowers had just gotten his 427 back from it's staring roll in Gumball Rally. He had them paint it black and was POed when someone leaned on the body by the rollbar and left a dent. They did fix the dent in the nose from when the Ferrari mirror hit it. His car fared much better in filming. Les Linley's is the one they used in the wash and it sustained frame damage when they slid it into the channel. It was near the end of filming and the stunt driver didn't get fired - unlike the one who stuffed the Ferrari into the front of the semi trailer when he pulled up the ramp. He forget 50+ mph on the road translates into 50+ mph on the ramps with little room to stop. They reshot it at a lower speed.
The 1936(?)Cammer Coupe had a price tag of 10 grand and included 10 more 427 wheels that were in the bed of the truck. It finally got rebuilt as the 427 Cobra it started line as.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

silverton_ford

FL SAAC

where else could you find a 34 Ford Coupe  with the CSX3150 chasis and a 427 SOHC ?

only at SAAC 1

I have all UNGOLD cars