News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

wiper arms 66 GT350

Started by deathsled, May 05, 2024, 02:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Satin or shiny chrome?  I have the shiny chrome on at the moment which I suspect are aftermarket.  I also have a pair of satin which appear to be original. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

Quote from: deathsled on May 05, 2024, 02:53:48 PMSatin or shiny chrome?  I have the shiny chrome on at the moment which I suspect are aftermarket.  I also have a pair of satin which appear to be original. 
Polished stainless is what was used on 1965 Mustang/Shelby .It is shiny but not chrome plated.  For 66 production it was a Federal requirement that all wiper blades and arms be of the satin stainless from that point on.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 05, 2024, 06:51:39 PM
Quote from: deathsled on May 05, 2024, 02:53:48 PMSatin or shiny chrome?  I have the shiny chrome on at the moment which I suspect are aftermarket.  I also have a pair of satin which appear to be original. 
Polished stainless is what was used on 1965 Mustang/Shelby .It is shiny but not chrome plated.  For 66 production it was a Federal requirement that all wiper blades and arms be of the satin stainless from that point on.   
Thanks for the clarification.  I also bought a special puller so I am ready.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"