News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 Oli Filler Tube

Started by texas swede, December 15, 2023, 07:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas swede

Hi guys,
Did all 1967 Shelby GT500 come with the oil filler tube inserted in a hole in the passenger side front end of the C7ZX aluminum 8-V intake manifold or were there exceptions like Thermactor equipped cars. The reason I ask is that I have seen pictures of cars with them and without them. Also seen manifolds with a plug instead of the tube,
Texas Swede

Rbwiii

This is my GT 500 sold new in California so it would have thermactor. Smog system is not present, but still have whats left of it.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on December 15, 2023, 07:01:53 PM
Hi guys,
Did all 1967 Shelby GT500 come with the oil filler tube inserted in a hole in the passenger side front end of the C7ZX aluminum 8-V intake manifold or were there exceptions like Thermactor equipped cars. The reason I ask is that I have seen pictures of cars with them and without them. Also seen manifolds with a plug instead of the tube,
Texas Swede
Original cars ether had the straight oil fill tube or the thermactor tube that is in the posted picture. That was it. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

texas swede

texas swede

Good morning,
I checked two Production Orders and the 402F package (thermactor) had a tube listed and the second 400F
package (no thermactor) had none which probably means the oil filler tube was included with the intake part number in that case.
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on December 17, 2023, 08:48:54 AM
Good morning,
I checked two Production Orders and the 402F package (thermactor) had a tube listed and the second 400F
package (no thermactor) had none which probably means the oil filler tube was included with the intake part number in that case.
Texas Swede
The thermactor oil fill tube was used on a extremely low number of 427 and Shelby related 428PI Ford car production.I know that NOS C7ZX intakes typically came with a straight oil fill tube. I have never seen or heard of a unmolested NOS one that came with a open hole or plug.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby