News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Tires

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, March 30, 2024, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

No, they are a close replica wheel. I have the original wheels with repo Goodyear BlueStreak's (6:95-14) on them. They look great but are really terrible to drive with.
I think the wheels are the same offset as the original Magnum 500's but I'll have to check. the tires have about 1/2"-5/8" clearance between the tire and the ball joint.   They seem to clear both the front and rear fender lips (non-modified). It looks like in a tight turn at high speeds the front tires might just have interference between the tire and the fender lip. I really don't push it as I am not a really fast drive so for me it may not cause any issues.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

67 GT350

I just put the Lucas Goodyear polyglas small letter tires on my Boss and it drives just as  "NICE" if thats what it is called, as it did with the BF Goodrich....
RARE  Signature Delete