News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

How many are left?

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, August 21, 2018, 09:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: gt350hr on September 04, 2018, 11:46:59 AM
Remember the 18 white w/blue cars ( of which mine is one) Well documented with SAI meeting notes . Not all white Hertz cars had gold stripes OR roof stripes.

I just put all the white cars under the White/Gold
I'm trying to add to the list if the car had stripes or not, apparently a bunch in the middle did not
Thanks to all for this info. I'll get it all "cleaned up" and send it out to all who ask. It is a Excel spreadsheet
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

silverton_ford

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on September 04, 2018, 04:40:45 PM
Quote from: gt350hr on September 04, 2018, 11:46:59 AM
Remember the 18 white w/blue cars ( of which mine is one) Well documented with SAI meeting notes . Not all white Hertz cars had gold stripes OR roof stripes.

I just put all the white cars under the White/Gold
I'm trying to add to the list if the car had stripes or not, apparently a bunch in the middle did not
Thanks to all for this info. I'll get it all "cleaned up" and send it out to all who ask. It is a Excel spreadsheet

This is great research!  When time allows, I like to do this myself.  I have my own spreadsheet(for all 1966 GT350s) going that showcase changes since the registry was last published.  I don't rewrite what is in the registry, just things that have happened to cars since then.  I only started last year, so I have quite a ways to go.  I would love a copy of your spreadsheet and am more than willing to share mine.  It is a forever growing document and after doing the little bit that I have done, I have grown a huge appreciation for the registrars and how much work they have done over the years.  It is mind blowing to think about how much time they have dedicated to it.  Truly amazing and I am very grateful to read the registries daily!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Agreed, I am amazed at the amount of details on some cars and the lack of details on others, it was like some were rented, sold and never heard from again, others have superior lineage, each sale, modification, stories and history
My hats off to the registry keepers, I applaud the work so far.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎