News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

dobs on shock absorbers caps

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, March 09, 2021, 04:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Did 69 Shelbys come of production line with blue dobs shock absorbers caps---thank U for help

J_Speegle

From the examples I've seen its a fairly common mark on both sides. Often takes on the look of a short line rather than a simple daub but have seen a few of those also

NEW From the examples I've seen its a often seen mark on both sides but it may be tied to when the car was produced and possibly a practice carried over from 68 production and was not carried through the whole 69 and 70 production year. Often takes on the look of a short line rather than a simple daub but have seen a few of those also

As always paint marks are not required for many show classes though incorrect ones are grounds for deductions. They are also pretty much the last details you should worry about after all other details on the complete are factory correct.

IMHO nothing looks out of place than a paint mark on an incorrect or aftermarket part
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

johnzajc@gmail.com

great lesson--Thank YOU----I will never display car for reason of trophy, my quest is to leave behind to my grandchildren as close as possible moments and life what it used to be when grandfather was teenager---thanks again , great lesson

nightmist67

Could you provide photo examples of the paint daubs and their typical locations? 

Is there a commercially available paint that matches or approximates the color used for the paint marking?

J_Speegle

Edited, corrected or what ever my earlier post after a closer review of what I've collected. Often we tend to lump all of production or over look possible micro patterns within a period

In any case here are two examples from the pictures I have. Color could be one close to one the many variations of Ford engine blue. Both examples appear to be fairly original unrestored examples with no suggestions that might suggest these have been added or reproduced given other details in the same picture. Not sure why there was a need to identify the mount with a color mark

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on March 14, 2021, 04:46:56 PM
Edited, corrected or what ever my earlier post after a closer review of what I've collected. Often we tend to lump all of production or over look possible micro patterns within a period

In any case here are two examples from the pictures I have. Color could be one close to one the many variations of Ford engine blue. Both examples appear to be fairly original unrestored examples with no suggestions that might suggest these have been added or reproduced given other details in the same picture. Not sure why there was a need to identify the mount with a color mark

The special reinforcement washers welded on would be my first guess although you don't see that mark on 65,66,or 67.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby