News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67402F4A00923 on BAT

Started by 5s386, September 07, 2023, 10:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vernon Estes

I would like to formally apologize for missing this "over the top" and glaring detail while the auction was in its draft phase.

I am, after-all, just a dumb ole used car dealer.

I regret that this severe oversight has caused so many of those viewing the auction such mental anguish.

Sincerely,
Vern  ;D
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

pchmotoho

Quote from: Vernon Estes on September 08, 2023, 11:56:00 PM
I would like to formally apologize for missing this "over the top" and glaring detail while the auction was in its draft phase.

I regret that this severe oversight has caused so many of those viewing the auction such mental anguish.

Sincerely,
Vern  ;D

Life is good when old Mustangs are the source of ones mental anguish.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bigfoot on September 08, 2023, 02:22:37 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 08, 2023, 08:49:14 AM
Quote from: Bigfoot on September 07, 2023, 04:25:28 PM
The description says that this car came originally with over the top stripes........
:)
Biggie the ad writers are horrendous. I have many times told BaT I would be more than happy when I retire to write their Ford ads. On 1969 Mustangs the ads say many time center fog lights or driving lights in the grill. SMH

Hey Gary, long time no see.
Can't the seller provide edits to the listing before it's posted?
What Bob(Paparazzi) said. Another friend also named Bob has sold a few lately and told me that you can do corrections but then that takes extra time before your car is ran and most sellers don't do those corrections.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Sincerely,
Vern  ;D
I like your comment but that deal with the over head console brings out a glaring somewhat common occurrence on BaT auctions and that is exactly what are these description editors looking at when they write your ad? Number one there has been  a boatload of 67s  on BaT and not one has ever had an overhead console so how in the heck did it get into the description?  I know it wasn't from you. Call it a hunch but I have come to the conclusion that while this is a car based site many who work for BaT are not car people.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Vernon Estes

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 09, 2023, 06:24:18 AM

Sincerely,
Vern  ;D
I like your comment but that deal with the over head console brings out a glaring somewhat common occurrence on BaT auctions and that is exactly what are these description editors looking at when they write your ad? Number one there has been  a boatload of 67s  on BaT and not one has ever had an overhead console so how in the heck did it get into the description?  I know it wasn't from you. Call it a hunch but I have come to the conclusion that while this is a car based site many who work for BaT are not car people.

Frankly, as a seller on BaT..I've never been all that concerned with what the description says....real bidders read the comments. That's where all the important information ends up being posted. Additionally, you are correct that the descriptions themselves...they all follow the same basic formula...sort of a canned write up by design by BaT. BaT currently is selling well over 100 cars per day of every different kind. While BaT as a company does have a great deal of "car people" working for them...I think it is an unreasonable expectation for them to have a real authority in every brand of sub category of the hobby.

Great people though and really fun to work with.....they do their best to accurately describe the car while also not "getting into trouble" with what some sellers "want" their description to say vs. what BaT is willing to go out on the ledge for.

Ill send a note to BaT about the stripe issue in the description...dont know if they will change it or not. 

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

shelbydoug

I always find these sales interesting. It makes me wonder exactly what buyers are looking for in a car? That seems confusing to me.

For instance, if there are ANY modifications from "as delivered to the dealer" from SA, what level is acceptable or even desirable to them?

It would seem some are collecting memorabilia and put it on a shelf like a miniature that they would also buy and there are those that want to drive the car and skip to what makes them drive better?

Certainly in an era of new $250,000 "drivers" that might be expected, at least by me. It certainly exists in the new car market. What makes me think that it does not in the "classic" market?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: shelbydoug on September 09, 2023, 10:01:25 AM
I always find these sales interesting. It makes me wonder exactly what buyers are looking for in a car? That seems confusing to me.

For instance, if there are ANY modifications from "as delivered to the dealer" from SA, what level is acceptable or even desirable to them?

It would seem some are collecting memorabilia and put it on a shelf like a miniature that they would also buy and there are those that want to drive the car and skip to what makes them drive better?

Certainly in an era of new $250,000 "drivers" that might be expected, at least by me. It certainly exists in the new car market. What makes me think that it does not in the "classic" market?
Many types of Buyers. I just did the Friday night Frankenmuth autofest where they had cars angle parked for a 2 mile stretch on Main street. I'd bet a very small percentage of these cars were bone stock and a lot more heavily modified. I saw a row of Vettes 56-67 that everyone but one had an LS under the hood. Some I was guessing 200-300K cars as high end restomods. Rat Rods, too many roots supercharged cars to count. A tubbed out Boss 351. To me the "stock" car culture is very small compared to the whole. I love shows like this because of the creativity on the builds and the fact that some you could jump into and drive across the country but still have the classic car look. Maybe someone will buy this GT500. Drop a fuel injection unit on it and do the power tour next year. You never know with so many types of buyers out there.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Bigfoot

Everything is in the details....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Mikelj5S230

This is a very nice car, good luck Vern! And good to see so many old friends here.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Bigfoot

Attention to detail is everything
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI