News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Here is what happens when you dont do your research

Started by Coralsnake, November 06, 2022, 08:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

https://www.classicconnectionsnc.com/vdp/19128650/Used-1968-Shelby-GT500KR-for-sale-in-Greenville-NC-27834

You look foolish!

318 KR convertibles? 51 automatics? 200 mph Speedometer? ..and why are you shouting at me? LOL

QuoteVehicle Description
THIS WAS A VERY ORIGINAL NUMBERS MATCHING FULL RESTORED SHELBY ONE OF 318 CONVERTIBLES BUILT THAT WERE KR'S AND ONLY  51 WERE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION THIS ONE HAS ONLY HAD TWO OWNERS SINCE NEW. RESTORED THIRTY YEARS AGO AND ONLY USED FOR SHOW EVENTS. ACCORDING to the SHELBY AMERICAN WORLD REGISTERY WHEN PURCHASED BY THE SECOND OWNER THE CAR WAS IN A BUILDING WITH NO DOORS, ONE OF THE WALLS HAD TO BE TORN DOWN TO REMOVE IT. THE REASON WAS BECAUSE THE CAR WAS USED BY THE FIRST OWNER UNDERCOVER POLICE CAR FOR YEARS. NOTE THE SPEED METER READS 200 MPH. 
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

pchmotoho

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 06, 2022, 08:49:44 AM
https://www.classicconnectionsnc.com/vdp/19128650/Used-1968-Shelby-GT500KR-for-sale-in-Greenville-NC-27834

You look foolish!

318 KR convertibles? 51 automatics? 200 mph Speedometer? ..and why are you shouting at me? LOL

QuoteVehicle Description
THIS WAS A VERY ORIGINAL NUMBERS MATCHING FULL RESTORED SHELBY ONE OF 318 CONVERTIBLES BUILT THAT WERE KR'S AND ONLY  51 WERE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION THIS ONE HAS ONLY HAD TWO OWNERS SINCE NEW. RESTORED THIRTY YEARS AGO AND ONLY USED FOR SHOW EVENTS. ACCORDING to the SHELBY AMERICAN WORLD REGISTERY WHEN PURCHASED BY THE SECOND OWNER THE CAR WAS IN A BUILDING WITH NO DOORS, ONE OF THE WALLS HAD TO BE TORN DOWN TO REMOVE IT. THE REASON WAS BECAUSE THE CAR WAS USED BY THE FIRST OWNER UNDERCOVER POLICE CAR FOR YEARS. NOTE THE SPEED METER READS 200 MPH. 

I like the "This was a very original" part. Weren't all cars very original at one point?

honker

TA Coupe

The 200 mph could be correct in a way as export cars have had 200 kph, 220 kph and 240 kph speedometer but didn't say kph so whoever wrote that may have just assumed it was MPH. I have a 200 in my Mustang that was converted to MPH. There was a discussion about this several months ago on either this forum or the Boss forum.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Coralsnake

There were a few 1968 Shelbys built with the kilometer speedometer and this may be one of them, but...

This is not a "200 mile per hour" speedometer.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 557 on November 06, 2022, 04:13:58 PM
330k for a car restored 30 years ago?Pass...
Yes, the standards and the knowledge to duplicate assemblyline looks are so far more exact today compared to 30 years ago that a state of the art back 30 years ago restoration may not even place in current Mustang/Shelby concours venues.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Stillakid54

Matching numbers, but the window sticker says it was a four speed...Oh, matching, other than the transmission.
It went to a Pennsylvania dealer, so a km speedometer must be a late afterthought during restoration. Certainly makes it "look faster".
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

Coralsnake