News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Radiator For '67 GT500 With Auto Trans

Started by 67411F--0100-ENG., January 24, 2020, 11:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello,

I need a radiator for a '67 GT500 with an automatic transmission.  I would be willing to purchase one that needs to be re-cored as long as it has top and bottom tanks that are in nice shape.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks,
Eric

Brian sent me this a couple days ago

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/d/apex-radiator-1967-bb/7042349923.html

He is in that area so you might contact him for help if needed.

67411F--0100-ENG.

Quote from: 2112 on January 24, 2020, 11:26:13 AM
Brian sent me this a couple days ago

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/d/apex-radiator-1967-bb/7042349923.html

He is in that area so you might contact him for help if needed.

Hello,

Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately, that radiator is for a car with a manual transmission. 

Eric

Aren't those automatic transmission line ports on the bottom tank?

67411F--0100-ENG.

Quote from: 2112 on January 24, 2020, 12:37:42 PM
Aren't those automatic transmission line ports on the bottom tank?

Hello,

Thanks for pointing that out.  I sent the seller an email asking about the auto trans fittings.

Eric

BGlover67

Hey Eric,

I can check it out anytime you like.  Also, the radiator shop that worked on it, I used them before and highly recommend.  Great quality. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Eric should want a W MO (West Modine) radiator that was exclusively used at the San Jose plant. I suspect this is a Dearborn/Metuchen radiator given that only the fomoco was shown on the top tank and no metal tag tag soldered on. No raised letter W MO and the date code were shown on the top tank which is a tell. This probably has the engineering numbers metal stamped into the side straps. Those stamps are easy enough to make disappear with a little body work and the raised letter W MO and date code end up being hidden under the top radiator strap and the tag is easy enough to source and not much to soldering it on. Just in case the expectations are higher I thought It best to mention so that a informed decision can be made. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello Everyone,

Jason Billups just measured the radiator in 0139 and it is 1 inch shorter than the Craig's List radiator.  Based on the photos, Jason believes the Craig's List radiator has been modified.

So, I am still in need of a radiator for 0100.  One that meets Bob's criteria would be nice.

Thanks,
Eric

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello Everyone,

Should a competent radiator shop be able to remove the filler neck in order to move the vent hose nipple from the 7 o'clock to 1 o'clock position?  Experience, opinions, and thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

67411F--0100-ENG.

Hello Everyone,

I located a usable core this afternoon.  It is a West Modine that is date coded July of '66.  Once it is cleaned up and re-cored it should work out just fine for 0100.

Thanks,
Eric

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

acman63

make sure the guy uses he right core. lot of the rad shops have gotten lazy and dont want to sweat the details
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member