News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Mustang GT disc brake distribution block fitting

Started by Horsman, November 06, 2019, 09:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsman

Need the fitting that screws into the front of the distribution block that attaches the left front metal hard line. See attached pic.

Thanks in advance.

Bob Gaines

I don't think I have ever seen one sold separately or for that matter seen one separate from the distribution block in any context other then a rebuild of the distribution block.Not to toot my own horn but I have seen a lot. I would probably miss it unless it was close by the block to associate the two.  With that said you may want to purchase a complete one so as not to stall your project. NPD still has them in their 2019 catalog for 85.00 . I am not sure if they still stock them . I know the 65/66 version in their catalog has been discontinued. From my perspective I wouldn't waste a lot of time trying to find the separate fitting. I hope you are lucky and find it but I think the odds are against you just saying.Best of luck with your search which ever way you choose to proceed.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Horsman

Yes Bob, I agree its a longshot. Maybe someone on the board has a parts car with one on it. My car had a line lock, therefore the brake lines and attaching fittings were a mess(see pic). I accidently chunked that fitting thinking it was part of the cobbled mess...oops.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Horsman on November 06, 2019, 12:32:05 PM
Yes Bob, I agree its a longshot. Maybe someone on the board has a parts car with one on it. My car had a line lock, therefore the brake lines and attaching fittings were a mess(see pic). I accidently chunked that fitting thinking it was part of the cobbled mess...oops.
The problem is that it is not to the advantage of the seller to separate the fitting from the distribution block . One is not any good without the other . At least if the the seller is knowledgeable about the part. I just hated to see a project held up by having IMO a unrealistic expectation of finding the part separate.  I suppose it is worth a try. Stranger things have happened.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby