News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Correct Radiator Hose Lower and Upper for a 68 Shelby GT350

Started by Kent, May 02, 2024, 10:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

Hello I´m not sure which hoses are the better choice for a 68 GT350 there are the Scott Drake ones and the Marti and on pictures they look totally different. Which one is the best choice? Thanks...

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Coralsnake

There is a hose and an extra cooling rad hose, they are different.

I will look for pictures
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Kent

Extra cooling means the A/C equipped cars right? Thank you.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Royce Peterson

Quote from: Kent on May 02, 2024, 01:31:58 PMExtra cooling means the A/C equipped cars right? Thank you.

Extra cooling was a stand alone option in 1968. It means a clamp in 24" wide radiator. If you ordered AC you automatically got extra cooling too.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Kent

Ok got it, I was in another car with my thinking. Ok yes the 24" radiator but I never saw a Gt350 from 68 with the 20". Ok then I just need to know which one I would need for the extra cooling package with the 24" Rad.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on May 02, 2024, 02:22:38 PMOk got it, I was in another car with my thinking. Ok yes the 24" radiator but I never saw a Gt350 from 68 with the 20". Ok then I just need to know which one I would need for the extra cooling package with the 24" Rad.
There is no GT350 with a 20 inch radiator only 24 inch. NPD sells a set -  https://www.npdlink.com/product/radiator-hose-set-concours/106251  The 20 inch radiator typically uses a slightly shorter different shaped hose. The statement " upper hose may need to be trimmed," indicates that this is the slightly longer 24 inch radiator hose. This hose at least looks to be the right shape and length. Reproduction parts are a necessity and most are not up to OEM standards and fit. They are typically a pain in the a$$. Only a few exceptions.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Service replacements

Kent

Coralsnake

The two NPD hoses you linked to are both supplied by Kevin Marti so they are the same. The only difference is the markings.

I personally would avoid Drake parts.

Kent

Yes the Martin ones have different markings but they are both for a GT350 that's what the web says. Is it really like this? If yes where is the difference?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on May 02, 2024, 01:31:58 PMExtra cooling means the A/C equipped cars right? Thank you.
FYI all 68 GT350's got the extra cooling radiator regardless of equipped with AC or not.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on May 03, 2024, 09:05:21 AMYes the Martin ones have different markings but they are both for a GT350 that's what the web says. Is it really like this? If yes where is the difference?
The hose will work but is slightly different shape from the assemblyline hose. The hoses that Marti uses are not special made but current stock from OEM suppliers which may have a evolved design to address more applications. 

Kent

ok so that means both Marti variants are correct even if they look different from the stamps and one is FoMoCo and one Autolite?

Coralsnake

Ah no.      ....as Mr Gaines said they are what is available, not entirely correct.

"The hose will work but is slightly different shape from the assemblyline hose. "

Kent

ok its weird so which stamp is better the fomoco or Autolite?