News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Shelby GT350 #2293 Up For Auction on EJ's

Started by SHELB66, April 03, 2024, 03:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHELB66

66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Lincoln tech

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Britton

Anyone else notice the lever by drivers seat/trans tunnel? I'm guessing it possibly for a hone-o-drive?
1967 GT350 #2645

hertzz350

current owner of 6s689
Previous owner of 6s1855 ,6s1297,6s731

daltondavid

Let me Guess, Dennis Collins already swooped in on the missing Paxton??
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

cboss70

"15% buyers commission and almost seems like you are agreeing to them doing the shipping- maybe just their generic wording."
I had someone look at it and confirm. 15% is the fee and must be gone within 7 days because they don't have the space to store (do lots of regular auctions and need the space).

Here is what I was told for the good, lots of original body and mechanical parts and they are adding better rims/tires to make it a roller (removing the flats on wagon wheels). For the bad much of the exterior panels are damaged from rust and the interior from heat. Dr fender has rust/hole at the bottom and door has rust coming from the inside through the outside. Both quarters have rust in the inner wheel well bottom areas but the drivers side is worse. The pass side door also has rust coming through the door in the corner. Pass front fender not bad. The engine compartment aprons have been patched on the top he said it looked like Bondo, radiator support was cut ("hacked"). At least one inner frame rail has a tear.   For the interior the wheel and gauges looked real, a good section of the wood on the back was missing from the wheel, the seats were bad but maybe the special comfort weave centers could be saved. Was told its sun baked but actually pretty complete and "cool to look at".  I just figured I'd share but don't assume what I conveyed is correct- it was secondhand info and I'm no expert!

csx289

I was in AZ last week so went to EJ's and took a look at this car. Was told it sat outside since 1985, and it looks it! She's CRISPY. Has a Paxton bracket and an whoever put the blower on took an air chisel and basically destroyed the core support. Yes, Hone-o-Drive is there, and kinky spring loaded traction bars. Headers. All wheel lips are aggressively rolled. Lots of rust in left rear quarter and trunk drop, right quarter is pretty gone as well. Bondo cracking off of both aprons in engine compartment where it was covering rust. Must have lived in NY for a while before coming to AZ. Body hammered with dents. No VIN on block. All fiberglass is basically cooked and delaminating. Steering wheel wood is absent or beyond saving. No keys. Etc etc. I bet this thing was crazy cool when it had a blower and was being driven HARD. If only it could talk! EJ's did not give me a warm and fuzzy, seems like they might not be completely above board. Took an act of congress to even be able to get close to the car. Was shocked at the current bid given the buyer's premium and the state of the car but never underestimate starry-eyed optimism!

csx289

Edit- just went to the site and see they added a set of 10 spokes and new tires to roll her outside. It was previously sitting on 4 mis-matched wheels with exploded tires. Oh, and the brake booster/ master/ other stuff is MIA though I see they opened the trap door and the manifolds are in the trunk so that's good. $55k+ the vig with a lot of time to go! Will be interesting to watch.

JD

unique location for right side rear view mirror
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

cboss70

I like the car but have a feeling even if the price doesn't get overly crazy the bidder's premium is going to put a nail in the coffin. I'd also feel better if this was a large Mecum type auction and not a strip mall auction that sells baseball cards one week and then things like this. Regardless of the fee's and short storage time limit, it's really the transfer of title and right paperwork required for some states that makes buying something for a lot of money from a place like this scary. BJ, Mecum, etc. have their faults but for the most part seem to do due diligence on paperwork and transfer things in good order. I'm sure there are a few but overall, not many states will take a vintage title not in the seller's name to register it.  Maybe a good car for a person in AZ to buy- maybe less issues that way.

azdriver

Auction ends tomorrow. Currently bid to $68,500 plus fees/tax. Will be interesting to see where it ends up.

Pat

azdriver