News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

fuel pump

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, May 07, 2024, 01:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

What is the correct fuel pump for a 69 GT500?

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Thanks JohnB.  I am having a fuel delivery problem where my front bowl is running out of fuel.  I tested the fuel pressure and I am reading 4 pounds, so I am guessing that my new fuel pump is already bad.

Bill

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on May 07, 2024, 03:46:11 PMThanks JohnB.  I am having a fuel delivery problem where my front bowl is running out of fuel.  I tested the fuel pressure and I am reading 4 pounds, so I am guessing that my new fuel pump is already bad.

4lbs (4-6lbs) is in the normal range for a stock fuel pump.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

I would have thought so too, so why am I running out of gas in the front bowl? I have replace the needle and seat thinking that it may be sticking closed. This was in spite of the fact that the old valve functioned properly and was not sticking.  If I had a hole in the float, the carb would be flooding.  I have not pulled the brass filter to check that but it was brand new 100 miles ago.  Do you (or anyone) have any thoughts?

Coralsnake

Sounds like a carburetor issue
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bill

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on May 07, 2024, 04:16:50 PMI would have thought so too, so why am I running out of gas in the front bowl? I have replace the needle and seat thinking that it may be sticking closed. This was in spite of the fact that the old valve functioned properly and was not sticking.  If I had a hole in the float, the carb would be flooding.  I have not pulled the brass filter to check that but it was brand new 100 miles ago.  Do you (or anyone) have any thoughts?

It's a carb issue, not a fuel pump issue.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Royce Peterson

Probably ethanol fuel related. Pull the primary float bowl and take pictures. Likely it is full of corrosion.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Carb was just completely gone through and fully restored. Just put non-ethanol fuel in it a few weeks ago.

Coralsnake

Wrong gaskets and or metering blocks. Lets see some photos of the carb
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com