News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Windshield numbers?

Started by SFcarbuff, May 07, 2024, 11:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFcarbuff

I was preparing my original winshield to reinstall and notice the numbers 15-12 in the passenger side lower corner.   My son also is re-doing his original winshield in his c code fastback.  He also has similar numbers.  Both cars are end of March , San Jose built cars.   Just curious if anyone knows the meaning of these numbers?  Thanks

CharlesTurner

Seen the same on SJ cars and also other assembly plant cars.  Probably a rotation number or something to ID that a particular type of windshield went in a car optioned for that specific type.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

SFcarbuff

Thanks, Makes since, my car has a plain window and the c code has tint.  Different numbers.

papa scoops

going to look thru my notes, bought clear w/s from classic industries, has all requested info including date, mfg, type of glass, side printed on, dot, all as coppied from my original feb 66 built 1122. all is perfect! (except glass thickness) that we know there is no blanks out there. i think clear was only availible for 66, very pleased, got mine in less than 2 days, very good price, plus the box makes nice work bench! talk to jeff

Bob Gaines

Quote from: papa scoops on May 18, 2024, 07:02:40 PMgoing to look thru my notes, bought clear w/s from classic industries, has all requested info including date, mfg, type of glass, side printed on, dot, all as coppied from my original feb 66 built 1122. all is perfect! (except glass thickness) that we know there is no blanks out there. i think clear was only availible for 66, very pleased, got mine in less than 2 days, very good price, plus the box makes nice work bench! talk to jeff
Clear glass Front and side was used on 65/66 and all 67-70 without A/C.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby