News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Last drive of the year

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, November 04, 2019, 03:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

As usual I'm going out  for the "Last Drive of Year"   It's usually a short one just about 10 or 20 miles, it's to celebrate another year of Shelby ownership, another year of health and just being able to celebrate both. I will try and see how many folks are interested and the location is to be determined, but will probably be in Southern maryland near Calvert County or perhaps the Edgewater/Deale area.
Anyone interested ? I'm planning on the afternoon of Dec 31st (it's a Monday) around 1:00pm. All are welcome buy it's a BYOL (Buy Your Own Lunch), if you have Shelby drive it, it won't melt.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

67 GT350

Your lucky, we have SNOW in the forecast in Endwell, NY, for this Thursday. I hope they are wrong! It seems every year it comes fast. When I reflect on drives I took in the limited nice weather summer, I think, what the heck did I do??? Its funny, between appointment and work.....Did I really take full advantage of driving my cars????
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Corey Bowcutt

Steve,  I am certainly in unless my wife's plans make it impossible.  I know she has plans for us to go away over the break but not sure of the dates.  Keep me posted and if I am in town I will be there.

Corey

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 05, 2019, 09:17:27 AM
Your lucky, we have SNOW in the forecast in Endwell, NY, for this Thursday. I hope they are wrong! It seems every year it comes fast. When I reflect on drives I took in the limited nice weather summer, I think, what the heck did I do??? Its funny, between appointment and work.....Did I really take full advantage of driving my cars????
Who cares about snow
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Bigfoot

I drove an old car SAT. Hopefully a few more.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Don Johnston

I will keep driving my tpys weekly through to the end of the year as long as there are no intense showers.  We don't worry about falling leaves here, just the coconuts. 8)

gt350shelb

corey must bring car even if raining LOL  or snowing
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

You're right, we had to drive through a waterfall/stream just to get to breakfast last week  ;D

jguyer

Brought everybody out for one last breath of fresh air last week.

This week.

"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

In life some rain must fall and this case it's on a Shelby