News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Tires

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, March 30, 2024, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

No, they are a close replica wheel. I have the original wheels with repo Goodyear BlueStreak's (6:95-14) on them. They look great but are really terrible to drive with.
I think the wheels are the same offset as the original Magnum 500's but I'll have to check. the tires have about 1/2"-5/8" clearance between the tire and the ball joint.   They seem to clear both the front and rear fender lips (non-modified). It looks like in a tight turn at high speeds the front tires might just have interference between the tire and the fender lip. I really don't push it as I am not a really fast drive so for me it may not cause any issues.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 248,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

67 GT350

I just put the Lucas Goodyear polyglas small letter tires on my Boss and it drives just as  "NICE" if thats what it is called, as it did with the BF Goodrich....
RARE  Signature Delete

I drove almost 1,000 miles on the recent Cobra Tour on the new Goodyears and have to say I really like the ride and handling. The only issue is when turning with the wheel,turned to lock the barely rubs the inside of the frame rail. I don't have the steering stops installed at this time as I just haven't installed since Shelby Parts and Restoration redid them so it might become a non issue.
Smooth, quiet and handle well. For me they are well worth the price
Owned since 1971, now driven over 248,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

FL SAAC

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on May 23, 2024, 01:36:21 AMI drove almost 1,000 miles on the recent Cobra Tour on the new Goodyears and have to say I really like the ride and handling. The only issue is when turning with the wheel,turned to lock the barely rubs the inside of the frame rail. I don't have the steering stops installed at this time as I just haven't installed since Shelby Parts and Restoration redid them so it might become a non issue.

Good to hear that you really like the ride and handling.

Glad to hear they worked out, enjoy the ride
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

Where do you get those tires? They are a radial?
RARE  Signature Delete

6s855

Got them a while ago. They're tall tires.

Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 23, 2024, 10:12:37 AMWhere do you get those tires? They are a radial?

Kelsey Tires.  Price around $440 each.

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Ordered direct from Kelsey Tire on their web site. The look is similar to a period correct Goodyear Ployglas but is a modern radial
Rode smooth, handles well, even good in the rain
https://kelseytire.com/product/goodyear-fr70-14-polyglas-radial/

deathsled

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on May 23, 2024, 01:36:21 AMI drove almost 1,000 miles on the recent Cobra Tour on the new Goodyears and have to say I really like the ride and handling. The only issue is when turning with the wheel,turned to lock the barely rubs the inside of the frame rail. I don't have the steering stops installed at this time as I just haven't installed since Shelby Parts and Restoration redid them so it might become a non issue.
Oh o. Steering stops. What are they and how easy are they to see under the car? Maybe mine has them. Maybe it doesn't. I will google it but might not find the highly specific info.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

greekz

Bolted to the lower control arm on top of the strut rods.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339