News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Insurance for "Late Model" Toys?

Started by mark p, April 23, 2024, 10:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

I'm seriously considering selling one "collector" car and buying something from this decade to try to have some fun with. The idea that is at the top of my idea chart this week is a Mach 1 (lightly used '21 or '22?).
Usage would be very low... basically club events, cruise nights, plus maybe go back and try some autocross(?) or an occasional track day event.

Back in '09 I had asked Condon Skelly about a new car on my Collector Policy - they basically said, "NO".
What are you guys doing with the "Late Model" Shelbys, Bosses, Machs, etc?
Thanks in advance. Mark
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

GTBULLITT

I have been using Heacock Classic, SAAC friendly insurance for 20 years. On past Shelbys and older Mustangs. Also currently running insurance on 2001 Bullitt Mustang and 2021 Mach 1 with very good $$ costs. Had to make one small claim years back, had zero problems. BTW 2021-23 Mach 1 is a great choice

FL SAAC

Very economical with limited usage or you can choose your yearly milage and they will adjust your premium

Have you tried the "C8" it comes in different flavors,  coupe, convertible,  ERay and Z06. 11 second 1/4s a 0 to 60 under 3 seconds and if you dr7ve it like a  decent person great gas mileage with all the modern day goodies

The Mach 1 is nice but it needs a nice whipple to be installed

Then it's a great car
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mark p

Quote from: FL SAAC on April 23, 2024, 12:38:19 PMVery economical with limited usage or you can choose your yearly milage and they will adjust your premium

what insurance company specifically? (Heacock - or someone else?)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

s2ms

I have my 66 GT350 insured with Heacock. Was planning to add my 2017 GT350 to the policy but found it was actually slightly cheaper to go with USAA where all our other cars are insured.
Dave - 6S1757

CharlesTurner

I have an '02 car insured on my collector car policy, it's an agreed value.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

mark p

hmmm... it sounds like maybe I should check in with my "regular" auto insurance company next. They do show something on their website for "Classic and Collector Car".
Thanks to all who replied.
Mark

68krrrr

I have my Shelby Gt500 ,34 Ford & 911 Turbo with Hagerty for $2500 a yr agreed upon value ,with a decent record (1 point) in the SoCal area & was surprised when i recently added a 2005 Ford Gt ,it was $4,000 just for the Ford GT .
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

mark p

Quote from: 68krrrr on April 23, 2024, 10:50:45 PM...added a 2005 Ford Gt ,it was $4,000 just for the Ford GT .

thanks, I'll be sure to avoid getting an FGT (altho who doesn't want one  ???  ;D  ::) )

427Larry

Midwest Classic Insurance, Auburn, IL. I have been with them for years, good people. The insurance is thru American Modern.

2008 GT-C

I have State Farm Insurance for my 2008 Shelby GT with an agreed value. Some of the insurance is removed during the winter months. My agent was also able to offer me Hagerty through State Farm but the cost would have been more with little added benefit on my opinion. The prices are reasonable at the moment for your great choices of Ford powered cars. - Kevin 
2008 Shelby GT/SC #102

ChicagoChris

Had St Farm and they wouldn't give me agreed valuse for my '07 SGT, so I jumped to Hagerty. Compared Hagerty to Grundy and Heacock and in Carmel, IN, Hagerty was &400 to $1,000 less expensive.

GT350DAVE

I have a late model GT 500 and a late model 911 along with my classics insured with Hagarty. I was previously with Heacock who is a great company, who I highly recommend. The only reason I changed was the relationship my regular insurance company had with Hagerty. That relationship allowed my umbrella policy to also cover my classic cars.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

mark p

Thanks again for all of the good info.
I put a deposit down today on a '22 Mach 1 (3k miles)... will be lining up the Insurance next.

2008 GT-C

Enjoy your new late model toy! Please post a picture.
2008 Shelby GT/SC #102