News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Unsung Heroes

Started by FL SAAC, April 16, 2024, 06:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Ever wondered why so many restaurants serve breakfast all-day these days?

Back in 1993, it was highly unusual to be able to buy breakfast after 10.30, but one brave man changed all of that one morning when he walked into a Los Angeles fast food joint called WHAMMYBURGER.

He was one minute late but politely asked for breakfast.

In spite of repeatedly being told that it wasn't possible he stood his ground and made a passionate speech about the need for America to wake up and give customers exactly what they want.

Eventually, the management gave in and provided him with a cooked breakfast.

So if you're reading this in the afternoon while enjoying an all-day breakfast, remember to say a massive "thank you" to this unsung hero "Mr.William Foster".

Please feel free to nominate your own inspirational unsung hero.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Another menu item accredited to Mr. William Foster

One of the tastiest dishes to come out in the 1970s, the development of a new culinary dish the MAC-10 and cheese (pictured).

His cooking style gave new meaning to a comely used culinary term "refire the dish" and was considered a big "bang" for all his patrons.

Chef William Foster....we salute you !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

IHOP always served breakfast all day in LA. When I was still working in the field it was my favorite breakfast for lunch on rainy days. So did the Pantry but there was always a long line.
They filmed it at Angelo's Burgers in Lynwwod. They've got several places but their Anaheim one was the best. Carhops on skates - looks like that's still going on. Haven't been there since the 90s. Even Bob's Big Boy only has carhops now and only on Friday evenings and no skates in Burbank.
Article "Too Tall" did on Angelo's
https://patganahl.com/2020/09/07/cruisin-angelos/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless