News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT350 or 66 K Code FB Paxton

Started by jdeboss302, August 09, 2023, 06:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdeboss302

Hello,
Just looking for a little advice.
I am wanting to put a Paxton on my 67 350, but I got to thinking why not leave the Shelby alone and add one to my Raven black 66 K code GT FB.
I don't think I hurt either value.

Accepting all thoughts/criticism.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: jdeboss302 on August 09, 2023, 06:24:41 PM
Hello,
Just looking for a little advice.
I am wanting to put a Paxton on my 67 350, but I got to thinking why not leave the Shelby alone and add one to my Raven black 66 K code GT FB.
I don't think I hurt either value.

Accepting all thoughts/criticism.
It can easily be reversed with the exception of the hole that you have to cut in the radiator support. That is if you want it to look like a factory installation.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

jdeboss302

Thank you, Bob.
Your opinion/thoughts are noted.

Coralsnake

Mr Gaines (and others) if you are not going for a factory installation, is it possible to reroute the filter to avoid making the hole in the radiator support?
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Harris Speedster

I have pictures of the air cleaners pointing down, not forward necessitating a hole in the rad support.
I think some pics doing that way may be in the SAAC topics?
Maybe you could try that?
If it is not a paxton car, I would not cut holes in it.
Just a thought.
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 10, 2023, 07:08:13 AM
Mr Gaines (and others) if you are not going for a factory installation, is it possible to reroute the filter to avoid making the hole in the radiator support?
Certainly you can do it other ways. That is why I said "That is if you want it to look like a factory installation" so as to indicate a non factory look was a alternative.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

pbf777

This coming from what is often these days identified as a "Day-Two" person, but particularly if you come up with a proper period Paxton I'd go for it!   :)

Scott.

JohnSlack

Quote from: pbf777 on August 10, 2023, 04:33:32 PM
     This coming from what is often these days identified as a "Day-Two" person, but particularly if you come up with a proper period Paxton I'd go for it!   :)

Scott.

"Day Two Rocks" people have been plugging holes secretly in all kinds of places so that you can go see the same cars all in a row at judged shows. Let someone else get excited and have what you want.

John

427heaven

Day 2 cars were the Fastest/Finest cars of that period in time. Paxtons, Webbers, Multiple carbs etc. They were what the tuners were doing back then as well as today, simple to add and simple to remove. Dont be in that ROW of Shelbys that people cant tell one from the other. Cars were meant to be driven and enjoyed, not just parked and looked at. Enjoy them while you can! ;)

Don Johnston

Quote from: 427heaven on August 10, 2023, 07:46:33 PM
Day 2 cars were the Fastest/Finest cars of that period in time. Paxtons, Webbers, Multiple carbs etc. They were what the tuners were doing back then as well as today, simple to add and simple to remove. Dont be in that ROW of Shelbys that people cant tell one from the other. Cars were meant to be driven and enjoyed, not just parked and looked at. Enjoy them while you can! ;)

A big +1. 8)

jdeboss302

Appreciate everyone's input.

I have always said, if you see one of my cars on a trailer, someone stole it!!!