News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Anyone else have their Ford VIN memorized?

Started by deathsled, April 29, 2024, 01:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I was put to shame the other day when my friend came over and asked if I knew the Ford VIN on 843. I had no idea. I have it memorized now. He was pointing out all these date codes on parts of the inner fender. Man oh man my ignorance would fill a book.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on April 29, 2024, 01:12:45 PMI was put to shame the other day when my friend came over and asked if I knew the Ford VIN on 843. I had no idea. I have it memorized now. He was pointing out all these date codes on parts of the inner fender. Man oh man my ignorance would fill a book.

Please don't feel bad, I forgot what I had for breakfast this morning

Just remember where the title, the keys and make sure the insurance is paid.

Now that's important  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

I don't, but I did own a 67 that was 1424, my 70 Boss 302 is 142407, and my Laguna Seca is 1969
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

Quote from: 67 GT350 on April 29, 2024, 05:47:44 PMI don't, but I did own a 67 that was 1424, my 70 Boss 302 is 142407, and my Laguna Seca is 1969
That is rather ironic for your Laguna.  It has the 1969 livery C stripes.  Weird.  In a good way.

crossboss

Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

KR500

Yes! Wife says how can you remember that but not other stuff (that's important to her)? 
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

jguyer

68 isn't too bad to member, but for 67 do you have to member the Shelby number and the Ford number?
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

Grumpy

66 Shelby and a 427 Cobra ... NO I don't use them for passwords  ;)

Side-Oilers

I memorized my KR's VIN about 5 minutes after I bought it, back in 1982. I wanted to be able to tell my Shelby and Cobra buddies exactly what I'd bought.

I sold the car two years ago, and will probably remember that VIN better than my own name at some point.

That would be a good Alzheimer's test at "old car folks" homes.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

TA Coupe

I have two good alzheimer's moments in my life. My first date with my wife was January first 1975 at Fremont Raceway, pretty easy to remember that one. We were supposed to get married on the 4th of July but found out her best friend was getting married that day so we got married on 5th of July and get this ××× Doctor Love married us 😵�💫  Hard to forget that kind of stuff.

Roy

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

shelbydoug

Remember the numbers? I have them tattooed on. I thought everyone else did too? ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 04, 2024, 07:18:35 AMRemember the numbers? I have them tattooed on. I thought everyone else did too? ::)
If on your arm(s) hopefully you wear long sleeves when out and about.

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on May 05, 2024, 02:08:02 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on May 04, 2024, 07:18:35 AMRemember the numbers? I have them tattooed on. I thought everyone else did too? ::)
If on your arm(s) hopefully you wear long sleeves when out and about.

I had them installed in a safe place. You can only read them when I am...excited. So generally speaking, they remain hidden safely. ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!