News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Little Red

Started by Coralsnake, August 17, 2018, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt350h

Posting a smaller picture :)

CharlesTurner

Did it have the correct Oneida markings??   ;) ;) ;)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

FL SAAC

Quote from: CharlesTurner on August 28, 2018, 04:36:56 PM
Did it have the correct Oneida markings??   ;) ;) ;)

only the great uri knows....or jimmy, or elvis...
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Richstang

Quote from: 67350#1242 on August 28, 2018, 01:59:35 PM
Would the best guess be that the roll bar was installed for the 1967 or for the 1968 iteration of this car?
(it is actually surprising how complete and restorable looking this car is after so long abandoned - less drivetrain of course)

This is the difficult question with no clear answer.
It appears both the convertible #0139 and Little Red #0131 had the holes in the rear floor boards. Are they in the same locations with identical dimensions?

In April '67 the convertible gets the '68 Shelby appearance roll bar. We know the July '67 photos of Little Red don't show a roll bar. I'm can't imagine the '68 styling bar would work in a hardtop with the crank down windows. Since both cars have the holes, I suspect we are talking about the earliest '67 build version. If they were added early on, how long were they were in the cars? Were they removed quickly if deemed unsightly or unnecessary, particularly for the hardtop? We may never find the answers, but need to keep looking.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

BGlover67

It's funny how I've had 3 different patient's of mine bring up Lil Red this week.  They know I'm into classic Fords and they saw the story in the main stream media.  The interesting part is what they took away from the news story.  One guy told me it was a rare, long lost Shelby race car that is worth 34 million dollars!  I think he was getting Lil red and the Ferrari GTO that just sold confused. :o
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Special Ed

Where did little red get its name?   A  red 53 Allard J2-X  named little red that had a rollbar in it just sold at RM montery & Shelby used to race an allard .

roddster

Here is another point to ponder:  Study the front 3/4 photo of the earliest lil 'Red photos.  Don't those die cast pockets that the turn signals sit in look chromed?  They do to me.

Coralsnake

They do look chrome
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Richstang

Quote from: roddster on August 29, 2018, 05:52:13 PM
  Here is another point to ponder:  Study the front 3/4 photo of the earliest lil 'Red photos.  Don't those die cast pockets that the turn signals sit in look chromed?  They do to me.

I agree they look like chrome on the outer edge, but the inside recesses look dark as if they are painted body color. Maybe the same material used the make the chrome trim around the grille was used around on the die-cast frames.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Mikelj5S230

I understand from my good friends at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in Chi-town in Nov., that this car and the Green Hornet will be on display.  That should be a must see event.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

69mach351w

Quote from: billups67 on August 27, 2018, 07:14:06 PM
Well, we have now taken a thread that about finding the one and only Little Red into an argument about a roll bar. So much negative in this hobby anymore. Can't we be excited about this and all come to an agreement that we don't know all the answers? Some of this takes the fun out of it.
Amen

Special Ed

Yes corvette mike i talked to bob ashton at woodward about taking both little red (the way it was found) & green hornet with updated billups resto to fall 2018 mcacn show & putting little red in barn finds section (or field finds) on the end & having green hornet across from it in the restored area so they could still be in the same area together & mr jackson is supposed to be there that weekend.

roddster

Side note:  OK, there is no Shelby vin plate on it now.  And no holes drilled for the rivits.  So, why is the a Shelby vin plate showing in some of the earlier photos of the car.  Did they glue it on?

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: roddster on September 03, 2018, 12:07:59 PM
  Side note:  OK, there is no Shelby vin plate on it now.  And no holes drilled for the rivits.  So, why is the a Shelby vin plate showing in some of the earlier photos of the car.  Did they glue it on?

I'm going to speculate the inner fender was replaced at some point.
Being the "All time post count king" on a forum is kinda like being rich in Monopoly

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500

Special Ed

All front engine bay metal is original to the car damage was only in front bumper bracket area.