News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

wiper arms and blades

Started by EdwardGT350, January 20, 2018, 12:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Will take a look at what I have close to that. We'll see if I've got some close ups for some reasons and /or what details we can glean from what I do have
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

JD

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 21, 2021, 06:32:26 PM
Quote from: JD on November 21, 2021, 11:34:17 AM
Which of these two wiper blade refills NPD offers would be more correct for a '66 GT350 with a Late April SJ Build date, WERE GUESSING THE LATER -1b ITEM?

17593-1A
REFILLS, Windshield Wiper Blade, rubber wiper, Trico 15 inch, repro, pair, Concours correct style rubber with early *dot* pattern and stainless steel spine, exact to originals, not made by Trico

Manufacturer Reference #'s: 480146, C3AZ-17593-C

17593-1b
REFILLS, Windshield Wiper Blade, rubber wiper, Trico 15 inch, repro, pair, Concours correct style rubber with later grooved or line pattern and stainless steel spine, exact to originals, not made by Trico

Manufacturer Reference #'s: 480181, C3AZ-17593-C
Can you tell if the wiper blade holders have been replaced? If the the wiper blade holder is original to the car which Trico style is it? 

The blade holders are the TRICO's, like the images in replies #3 and #5.  Asking which of the refill rubber blade side patterns offered would be more correct,  the car is a late April '66 build.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on November 21, 2021, 10:17:08 PM
Which of these two wiper blade refills NPD offers would be more correct for a '66 GT350 with a Late April SJ Build date, WERE GUESSING THE LATER -1b ITEM?

17593-1A
REFILLS, Windshield Wiper Blade, rubber wiper, Trico 15 inch, repro, pair, Concours correct style rubber with early *dot* pattern and stainless steel spine, exact to originals, not made by Trico

17593-1b
REFILLS, Windshield Wiper Blade, rubber wiper, Trico 15 inch, repro, pair, Concours correct style rubber with later grooved or line pattern and stainless steel spine, exact to originals, not made by Trico

Can you tell if the wiper blade holders have been replaced? If the the wiper blade holder is original to the car which Trico style is it? 

The blade holders are the TRICO's, like the images in replies #3 and #5.  Asking which of the refill rubber blade side patterns offered would be more correct,  the car is a late April '66 build.
JD ,all the blade holders were made by Trico. There are two different styles used in 66. The picture in reply #3 appear to be the later (somewhat hard to tell from lighting and angle) style and #5 is the early style so they are are different. The early style is squared shape like 65 only satin not polished. The later style has more angles and is the same used also on 67 and 68.  Typically each style has been found with a more typical type of rubber refill blade different from each other . I am trying to determine what you have so as to give the best answer. So with that said can you be more specific?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 21, 2021, 10:51:44 PM
Quote from: JD on November 21, 2021, 10:17:08 PM

17593-1A

17593-1b

JD ,all the blade holders were made by Trico. There are two different styles used in 66. The picture in reply #3 appear to be the later (somewhat hard to tell from lighting and angle) style and #5 is the early style so they are are different. The early style is squared shape like 65 only satin not polished. The later style has more angles and is the same used also on 67 and 68.  Typically each style has been found with a more typical type of rubber refill blade different from each other . I am trying to determine what you have so as to give the best answer. So with that said can you be more specific?

Hey Bob, all of these seem to be the same, the image from reply #3, one from #5 and got sent a photo of what is on the car, yes or no?

They understand that different iterations (years/versions) have a different version rubber blade pattern on the side(s), they are looking to know which of the two refills sold by NPD would be more correct for a late April build date San Jose car regardless of the holder.

I see your point that different holders had different refill/blade versions and wanting to get the correct version/style matted to the right holder and the right version to the car.  I think you each are coming at this from the opposite ends, I'm just trying to help and caught in the middle - Thanks ;-)

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

So many of the original holders have been changed out for the later style because the refill blade included the holder. I am reluctant to go by date alone to suggest a rubber refill blade without seeing the style of holder.  A picture to show different styles 65 is polished ,66 is satin and later 66,67 and 68 are a different shape compared to the first two. I have not read any written documentation but from used examples in the field the dot dot pattern has been seen on the first two and the line pattern on the last of the three which is on the right. I haven't seen any dot dot on the last style which which leads me to believe it was most likely the best choice for the first two style leaving the line style for the later 66-68 holder. I hope this helps.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

Has anyone ever seen a angle adjustment on the blade so when it is off, it actually is parallel to the lower moulding?
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 22, 2021, 04:48:10 PM
Has anyone ever seen a angle adjustment on the blade so when it is off, it actually is parallel to the lower moulding?
The only adjustment is taking the arm off of the splined wiper shaft and indexing it differently before pressing it back on for a closer to desired at rest position.

JD

Bob, I'll pass it along, thanks

67350#1242

I have had to remove and bend the tip of the arm when I could not get it to index properly with the splines,  usually moving splines will get an acceptable at rest position however.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

67 GT350

Here is a twist, this is on my passenger side. I kind of like it because I can have the wiper parallel to my bottom moulding.
RARE  Signature Delete

J_Speegle

Quote from: 67 GT350 on December 07, 2021, 02:18:18 PM
Here is a twist, this is on my passenger side. I kind of like it because I can have the wiper parallel to my bottom moulding.

Certainly allows for fine tuning. Don't recall seeing a package of them hanging in a parts shop but they were likely too expensive for me at the time and I wasn't likely worried about needing wipers very often at the time.  More interested in going fast :) 

They do address an issue  just not factory if your focused on that sort of thing
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge