News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

R Model Heads, Cam and Intake

Started by g.ride.garage, February 02, 2021, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on March 23, 2021, 02:07:35 PM
  Kelly Koeffel (sp) has a picture of a manifold for Webers that "I" believe was destined for that engine. It is "not" like any other I have ever seen except for the carburetor mounting pads. The Indy program had two potential sizes based on the same block. 305 and 320 neither made it to the track.

While the hair is turning color it is STILL THERE unlike many of our associates. LMAO.

Kelly, thorn in my side, Koefeld? Everytime I tried to buy an Autolite inline, he got there first then wanted $3500 to sell it to me. That guy?

I had the HARD part to get, the Doug Nash split manifold machined for the Autolites. Bummer, but that's another story.

I honestly don't know what manifolds he has because he was buying them up at any price seemingly.
What I think you are refering to is the manifold he made for fuel injection? That one got rifle bored and the throttle bodies installed right into the manifold.

Injector ports right into  the manifold. The thought was to have an eight stack system that would fit under the screen.

I haven't heard from Kelly in about 5 years. He must have sold all of his castings. He had a 68 GT500. Don't know if he still does.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

He's fine and still the Autolite inline master. You need to reach out more often.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

TA Coupe

Randy, the picture I posted is of the heads I have on my car. Just a crappy pic.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

shelbydoug

Quote from: gt350hr on March 23, 2021, 04:17:59 PM
   He's fine and still the Autolite inline master. You need to reach out more often.

He definitely is no longer in my contacts list.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JohnSlack

Quote from: shelbydoug on March 23, 2021, 04:04:47 PM
Quote from: gt350hr on March 23, 2021, 02:07:35 PM
  Kelly Koeffel (sp) has a picture of a manifold for Webers that "I" believe was destined for that engine. It is "not" like any other I have ever seen except for the carburetor mounting pads. The Indy program had two potential sizes based on the same block. 305 and 320 neither made it to the track.

While the hair is turning color it is STILL THERE unlike many of our associates. LMAO.

Kelly, thorn in my side, Koefeld? Everytime I tried to buy an Autolite inline, he got there first then wanted $3500 to sell it to me. That guy?

I had the HARD part to get, the Doug Nash split manifold machined for the Autolites. Bummer, but that's another story.

I honestly don't know what manifolds he has because he was buying them up at any price seemingly.
What I think you are refering to is the manifold he made for fuel injection? That one got rifle bored and the throttle bodies installed right into the manifold.

Injector ports right into  the manifold. The thought was to have an eight stack system that would fit under the screen.

I haven't heard from Kelly in about 5 years. He must have sold all of his castings. He had a 68 GT500. Don't know if he still does.

Kelly Coffield,
Good guy, I talk with him often. Once upon a time I worked in the shop for Dwight Thorn, people used to tell me that they were so tired of Dwight buying up ALL of the Rolls Royce and Packard Merlin engines and parts. Well the reality was if people had extra engines and parts they would call Dwight and offer to sell to him. I've talked with Kelly and he has told me he gets cold calls about people looking to turn their carburetors into cash. One story two people, each with their own side. Call him, tell him what you are doing. I can PM you his number.
John