News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Groovy Sharon Tate in a Cobra photo

Started by 1175, May 16, 2024, 07:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Found this on the web.  Not sure if it has been shared before.

Jon

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

rkm

tesgt350

The guy Driving, is he with a Singing Group like "Jan and Dean"?

JD

The guy driving was a Hair cutter to the stars, Jay Sebring, he changed it from his real name - he was killed the night of the Manson murders,  Cut Steve McQueen's hair and Carroll Shelby's and Paul Newman. 

McQueen and Robert Vaughn, the actor, were invited to the party the night of the murders but neither went.  McQueen was on Manson's hit list.

"Thomas John Kummer, known professionally as Jay Sebring, was an American celebrity hair stylist, and the founder of the hairstyling corporation Sebring International. Sebring was murdered by members of the Manson Family along with his ex-girlfriend Sharon."
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

camp upshur

That sure looks like the LAX West Imperial environs, however those are not the 6501 hangers.
Perhaps further east towards Garrett
AirResearch or North American Aviation?

Apparently he owned csx2220, but does shifter look more like a 427 arrangement with shift lever positioned forward?

Dan Case

Quote from: 1175 on May 16, 2024, 07:41:15 PMFound this on the web.  Not sure if it has been shared before.

Jon

It is a 427 Cobra.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

daltondavid

Jay Sebring also cut Jim Morrisons hair. He had a 66 GT350 and Jim really liked it. He told his record company he wanted a Shelby Mustang and they bought the infamous "Blue Lady" 1967 Nightmist Blue GT500 for him. I do not think the Murders would have happened if Steve Mcqueen was in the house. He would have fought back for certain.
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

rhjanes

Quote from: daltondavid on May 17, 2024, 08:06:45 PMJay Sebring also cut Jim Morrisons hair. He had a 66 GT350 and Jim really liked it. He told his record company he wanted a Shelby Mustang and they bought the infamous "Blue Lady" 1967 Nightmist Blue GT500 for him. I do not think the Murders would have happened if Steve Mcqueen was in the house. He would have fought back for certain.
I believe he started carrying a gun and did so the rest of his life. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

highland green

Was the photo staged? Publicity for who? Or an actual event. ???