News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 GT500KR - Orange

Started by Shelby_r_b, May 01, 2020, 01:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coralfarmer84

I'd love to hear the facts concerning this car.

Coralsnake

There were 159 special paint cars. 15 cars were painted colors other than yellow.

Only 14 of those colors are known and documented. Until the information on the last car is available you cant make definitive statements...

There are nine orange cars, possible ten, painted three different shades.

There are four known cars painted WT5107. (There could potentially be five)

3397 is actually the only known four speed in that shade.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Coralsnake

Heres a chart I did about 20 years ago. One car is still not identified.

Bill Collins

Interesting that all these "special" special paint cars are clustered in the 3200-3300 Shelby VIN range and 204-205,000 Ford VIN range. Perhaps due to production scheduling at Ford providing a "window" to do a group of special process units? Pete can probably tell us if they are clustered within a specific production date range?
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Coralsnake

I believe they were. Special paint cars were ordered in three groups of 53 cars each. All the odd colors are in the first batch.

This was actually a key to finding out which cars were yellow

FL SAAC

every time I see one of these the Charlie Brown special comes to mind " Its the great pumpkin "

Nice car !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert