News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

2023 Walk MS event - please help

Started by mark p, April 01, 2023, 01:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

Greetings - 2023 WALK MS season is here. Our Team is participating on Sunday 4/23/22 at Washington Lake Park.
As many of you know, my wife Nancy has been hit hard by Multiple Sclerosis. Nancy was diagnosed back in the mid-90s while still in her 30's, and it continues to worsen. This year marks 17 years in a wheelchair ☹️
For anyone that isn't familiar, this is a nasty disease that that impacts the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves, which make up the central nervous system - and is mainly found in women ages about 25 to 50. There is no current prevention or cure.
For our family, 2023 has been tough - highlighting how MS is not only an awful disease, but also makes recovery from other issues very difficult. I hope that funds raised will help fund research that finds a cure.
If you are interested in further details, you can visit the National MS website.
The thing that stands out to me the most is the need for research $$. Thus my annual fundraising via Walk MS.
To make a donation - Simply click on the link - or contact me.
https://mssociety.donordrive.com/participant/88209
Any and all donations will be helpful and appreciated. photo below from last year.
Thanks

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

mark p

1 week left until this year's Walk...
The thread gets lost pretty quickly in the Lounge, so I'll give it one bump.
If anyone else wants "in", it will be appreciated. Thanks.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

TA Coupe

Mark, I feel your pain. My wife and I have been taking care of her sister for 14 years and 7 months. She has severe MS, alzheimers and dementia and is 90% disabled. Can just barely talk or feed herself. My wife has to sit with her to tell her how to eat, swallow and drink. One of her sons called last year on mothers day and she didn't even remember that she had 2 sons and 2 daughters. I will click on the link and make a donation. Good luck with your walk.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

mark p

Thanks for the support Roy.
I hate to hear of stories like yours - the disease is nasty, incurable, and then keeps causing other issues  >:( Sorry to hear of your situation.
Nancy came back home today... she was in the ICU for 2 weeks back in January with brain abscess / seizures and has been in Rehabilitation since.
Even tho she's not back to baseline (mentally or physically), our Insurance said to send her home. We're trying to figure out what is next...  :'(