News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Who is the greatest Rock Band in the world ?

Started by FL SAAC, November 03, 2022, 09:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

I will start

Stairway to Heaven

No really, Led Zeppelin neither impart moral lessons, nor do they deliver any political proclamation. Led Zeppelin's lyrics encourage us to follow our heart, to find our dreams, but also to accept the inherent dualism in our lives. They where beyond their time.

And Stairway to Heaven ....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Zep,at their best,was the worlds greatest electric blues band in my book.... 8)

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

So it's unanimous,  the forum has spoken LED ZEPPELIN for the win!

On to the next fascinating topic

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 03, 2022, 09:43:19 PM
I will start

Stairway to Heaven

No really, Led Zeppelin neither impart moral lessons, nor do they deliver any political proclamation. Led Zeppelin's lyrics encourage us to follow our heart, to find our dreams, but also to accept the inherent dualism in our lives. They where beyond their time.

And Stairway to Heaven ....

ABSOLUTELY, the best is LED-ZEPPELIN!!
For once, I agree with Tony.
To quote Robert Plant: "Kashmir, is the essential Zeppelin song. Its all there" I have to agree.
From 1975:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV-jlMLXZ9M
And later in 2007 with Jason on drums...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD-MdiUm1_Y
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on November 05, 2022, 11:47:32 AM
I

To quote Robert Plant: "Kashmir, is the essential Zeppelin song. Its all there" I have to agree.
From 1975:

It's funny I have heard that so many times

As you get older and get to know me better,you will agree with more

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 05, 2022, 01:25:36 PM
Quote from: crossboss on November 05, 2022, 11:47:32 AM
I

From 1975:

It's funny I have heard that so many times

As you get older and get to know me better,you will agree with more

Tony,
Sounds good. Id rather be your friend...
Back to Zeppelin: I saw them as a kid at the LA Forum on 6/23/1977. Best concert I have ever seen! Jimmy autographed my Les Paul in 1997. Page is a wonderful, kind and very down to earth guy. Met Plant several times, was nice, too bad he has an ego. JPJ, was the ultimate musician: cool, low key, soft spoken and very talented. Never had the chance to meet Bonzo (RIP), or his son Jason.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

67 GT350

I got to go with The Dead

"American Band"

Thank god nobody so far said The Beatles....However The best NON-American Band would be The Stones. PERIOD
RARE  Signature Delete

crossboss

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 05, 2022, 02:55:04 PM
I got to go with The Dead

"American Band"

Thank god nobody so far said The Beatles....However The best NON-American Band would be The Stones. PERIOD

I also like The Beatles and the 'Stones. I have a neat story about Kieth Richards. Years ago, at the NAB show in Vegas, I met Keith and a few of us went to dinner with him. Really! He is a great guy. Funny, sarcastic, and had many, many great 'Stones stories. Boy, he can drink and smokes like a chimney. Fun times!
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Only hiccup with Zep for me was "In through the out door"album. ::)

TA Coupe

I saw a late night TV interview of Kieth Richards and he was talking about some of the crazy stuff they used to do and talked about one night trying to outdo each other with something crazy and he said he mixed some COKE and whiskey together with some ants on the table and then snorted it and the others gave up at that point. 😵‍💫

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Drew Pojedinec

Quote from: TA Coupe on November 05, 2022, 08:08:39 PM
I saw a late night TV interview of Kieth Richards and he was talking about some of the crazy stuff they used to do and talked about one night trying to outdo each other with something crazy and he said he mixed some COKE and whiskey together with some ants on the table and then snorted it and the others gave up at that point. 😵‍💫

Roy.    mr. Richards also supposedly snorted some of his fathers ashes :o

crossboss

Keith was/is a big party guy, no question. I believe he does routine blood transfusions too. Gotta say he was a delight to hang around with that night back in 1992. No drugs were used, just booze, and cigs. He was quite the charmer with the ladies too...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

crossboss

Quote from: 557 on November 05, 2022, 05:27:28 PM
Only hiccup with Zep for me was "In through the out door"album. ::)

'In Through The Out Door' is not a bad album, also its not a good one. Average in my view. Remember, the time it was released, in 1979. This album actually SAVED the record industry. It was shipped in a brown paper bag, with 7 different covers inside. Marketing genius. Every Zep fanatic (like me!) had to go out and buy each one.
Dont forget about a little album named 'Coda'. That one was a real nice 'sleeper' in my view. It was 'officially' the last Zeppelin album to be released after the death of Bonzo.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30