News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Have you come across pictures of your car from "Back in The Day"

Started by 68stangcjfb, July 11, 2023, 09:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68stangcjfb

Recently, a friend of mine came across this photo on a Facebook page taken around 1969 of what looks like my car at the long-closed New York National Speedway in Center Moriches New York (it is a neighborhood now). There is a really good chance that this is my car. The way I figure, the original owner of my car lived in Riverdale in the Bronx and told me he used to race it at tracks around the area including National. There were only 142 Acapulco blue Fastback Mustang Cobra Jets built. 49 Acapulco blue with blue standard interior. My car originally had a white stripe and Argent styled steel wheels. This car has the white stripe and the Argent Wheels on the front. Hard to tell the color of the interior. But these cars weren't exactly common, and you can't miss that Cobra Jet hood scoop on it so I'm thinking there's a really good chance that this is my car. Anyone else find photos like this on the internet that you think are of your car?
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Back in late 1995 early 1996. this is what it looked like. it had been sitting outside uncovered in my dad's driveway for about 6 years. I quite driving it when the floor fell out for the 2nd time due to rust in the late 80's. We had spent about a half hour taking stuff apart to get to this picture. It actually drove in to the barn with rotten exhaust, no brakes and running on 7 cylinders because we had "borrowed" a spark plug wire for another car.  2nd picture was taken when we got it back on the road in 2012.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Quote from: 68stangcjfb on July 11, 2023, 09:49:48 AM
Recently, a friend of mine came across this photo on a Facebook page taken around 1969 of what looks like my car at the long-closed New York National Speedway in Center Moriches New York (it is a neighborhood now). There is a really good chance that this is my car. The way I figure, the original owner of my car lived in Riverdale in the Bronx and told me he used to race it at tracks around the area including National. There were only 142 Acapulco blue Fastback Mustang Cobra Jets built. 49 Acapulco blue with blue standard interior. My car originally had a white stripe and Argent styled steel wheels. This car has the white stripe and the Argent Wheels on the front. Hard to tell the color of the interior. But these cars weren't exactly common, and you can't miss that Cobra Jet hood scoop on it so I'm thinking there's a really good chance that this is my car. Anyone else find photos like this on the internet that you think are of your car?
.    Very cool.You are stoked(and I am jealous)

68stangcjfb

It is cool. And note the four lane drag strip that National Speedway had long before Z-MAX Dragway.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gjz30075

This is a screen shot of the first owner driving during a mock bank robbery scene for the Police Pursuit driving instruction film, narrated by
Jack Webb. 
Greg Z
6S2249

Coralsnake

Hard to see, but also a little drag racing, 3206 on right sporting four Lucas lights in grille

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

texas swede

This picture was taken at LAX in late May.1965.
First car in first row is #283, second is #276, third is #275 (my car) and fourth is #273.
There is a larger picture showing a car left of #283 and it's #290.
Haven't found any earlier picture.
Texas Swede