News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

‘66 Ten spokes

Started by Stevieb350, June 02, 2023, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevieb350

Just got my first wheel back from Pico Wheel. I think they did a great job considering what they had to work with. At some point prior to my ownership someone sandblasted the wheels, which didn't do the aluminum any good. They had to take off more metal than I hoped, but the wheels have really deep pits. Here's a pic of the wheel I just got back next to one that goes out next week. These are the original wheels to 6S1366 and I really wanted to keep them with my car.

tesgt350

pbf777

Quote from: Stevieb350 on June 02, 2023, 10:25:00 AM
They had to take off more metal than I hoped,...........

Do have an idea of the depth-of-cut required? 

Scott.

Bob Gaines

Good dramatic difference IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

Just me personally, I prefer the unrestored wheel.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

A restored wheel looks in keeping and not out of place on a restored car because everything else looks new also. . By the same token a unrestored wheel looks out of place on a restored car where everything else looks new.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Stevieb350

Thanks all for your comments. I agree with Bob totally; they'll be going on a nicely (not over) restored driver, and yes, the unrestored wheels did look a bit out of place. I've got Magnums on it now, but looking forward to when I can reunite it with the original wheels.

Stevieb350

Quote from: pbf777 on June 02, 2023, 11:07:05 AM
Quote from: Stevieb350 on June 02, 2023, 10:25:00 AM
They had to take off more metal than I hoped,...........

Do have an idea of the depth-of-cut required? 

Scott.

Scott, I'll try to find out.