News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Loud Shelby throws down

Started by deathsled, October 30, 2020, 05:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427hunter

Quote from: Greg on November 02, 2020, 08:08:53 AM
Quote from: 427hunter on November 01, 2020, 09:57:29 PM
When I was a kid I was a jack@ss too, you will grow out of it.. Driving like that it in a residential neighborhood is just disrespectful. I live in the mountains and really get to enjoy my cars but I don't do burnouts in front of my house.

I hope and pray I never grow out of being free! You also have no idea the circumstances surrounding this video so you are making assumptions and you know what that gets you.  I also suppose all those people buying new 500-1000HP cars are "just driving them to church and back"  ;D and only use the power on track day. 

Come on man you are smarter than that.  Let loose a little and enjoy the video like 99% of real gear heads do.

So you do burnouts if front of your own house?

Fake vin tags on a fake Shelby displaying a real Shelby number is fine with you?

You really think that not being a childish a-hole in your own neighborhood means your not a "gear-head" or you don't know how to enjoy a car?

Just trying to understand what you are trying to say, because I think you may be "smarter then that"...

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Greg

Quote from: 427hunter on November 02, 2020, 11:46:43 AM
When I was a kid I was a jack@ss too, you will grow out of it.. Driving like that it in a residential neighborhood is just disrespectful. I live in the mountains and really get to enjoy my cars but I don't do burnouts in front of my house.

I hope and pray I never grow out of being free! You also have no idea the circumstances surrounding this video so you are making assumptions and you know what that gets you.  I also suppose all those people buying new 500-1000HP cars are "just driving them to church and back"  ;D and only use the power on track day. 

Come on man you are smarter than that.  Let loose a little and enjoy the video like 99% of real gear heads do.

Fake vin tags on a fake Shelby displaying a real Shelby number is fine with you?

You really think that not being a childish a-hole in your own neighborhood means your not a "gear-head" or you don't know how to enjoy a car?

Just trying to understand what you are trying to say, because I think you may be "smarter then that"...

I absolutely do burnouts in front of my house...but as I said, I live in a rural area and thankful for it, I also have over 4 acres.  You probably live in a row house subdivision which I understand has a different set of rules, I prefer the freedom. 

I never commented on fake vin tags but since you brought it up, I don't agree with claiming one owns an original car when its not.  I can however appreciate a person that runs a car hard and loves it regardless of its origin but likes the style of a car such as a GT350.

Believe it or not though, it does help the marque because I know very few owners of original cars that would run their car like that because of the value.  Him beating on this car does attract attention and makes folks say "what is that" which is good for all of us that own original cars, just look at the positive comments he has gotten from this video alone. 

As I said in a previous post, people purchased these cars new because they were race cars and wanted to jam the gears and I would guess more than one tore up the streets, subdivisions and cities.  That was the intention of CS in the first place but due to value, a lot of people don't get them out which is unfortunate.  It is also no different than fake cobra's running around, very few can afford the real deal.  At the end of the day, he knows it's a tribute/fake and you know yours is real so who cares. 

As far as being a childish a-hole, quite frankly I don't see it that way.  A lot that own these cars probably baby them or push them on and off the trailer, which I am not criticizing, to each his own.  If someone doesn't know how to do controlled burnouts or drive a car hard shouldn't attempt it as they will hurt themselves and others. 

That guy wasn't reckless as he obviously knows how to handle his car, a lot of folks can't and that is okay because they know their limitation.  I have seen many, many others push their cars hard on the street but there again, they know how to drive them. 

My suggestion for anyone would be, take some lessons, understand suspension loading and the geometry behind it, peak power curve and pushing the car into and rolling on the throttle not just on the track but down a country road, it is exhilarating and keeps you from turning into an old man with a polishing cloth :).
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

rraceme

Quote from: 427hunter on October 31, 2020, 10:09:12 PM
I saw the car in person when I used to live in Los Angeles, it's an A code mustang. I disagree with people that think this is okay, the car had a fake Shelby vin tag on it and is being portrayed as a real car, lets hope it's representing 2227 since the owner of that Shelby is cool with it.

Nobody on this forum is saying use real vin numbers on fake GT350 and representing your clone as real is wrong... this includes me.

427hunter was the one suggested to all future readers to use my vin 2227, not me. Why? because im ok with clones? In my world, we are all entitled to our opinions. That's all it is ---  my opinion, your opinion, their opinion. Also this forum is for varying opinions, outlooks, and lifestyles.

Deathsled - thank you for posting the video - it was cool to watch, motor sounds great, wheel tire combo nice, & the fake GT350 stance is mean looking. I had not seen video before and enjoyed it very much.

I love this forum- even when I have a different opinion than someone else. This forum has the greatest collection of knowledge on GT350's anywhere!  I don't get to read but twice a week (because I work 70 hours a week) but when i do I really enjoy it.

427hunter if I offended you in any way - Im sorry not my intent.  Feel the Shelby love!

SFM 6S2227

deathsled

You're welcome, rraceme. I found the video in my feed after watching the posted video of a racing Hertz doing burnouts. I liked the sound of the engine and how the car sat. I missed the export brace initially. I like how he fabricated brake ducts for the front valance. It thought it quite innovative.

Best,
Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

427hunter

Quote from: Greg on November 02, 2020, 02:16:48 PM

I absolutely do burnouts in front of my house...but as I said, I live in a rural area and thankful for it, I also have over 4 acres.  You probably live in a row house subdivision which I understand has a different set of rules, I prefer the freedom. 

I never commented on fake vin tags but since you brought it up, I don't agree with claiming one owns an original car when its not.  I can however appreciate a person that runs a car hard and loves it regardless of its origin but likes the style of a car such as a GT350.

Believe it or not though, it does help the marque because I know very few owners of original cars that would run their car like that because of the value.  Him beating on this car does attract attention and makes folks say "what is that" which is good for all of us that own original cars, just look at the positive comments he has gotten from this video alone. 

As I said in a previous post, people purchased these cars new because they were race cars and wanted to jam the gears and I would guess more than one tore up the streets, subdivisions and cities.  That was the intention of CS in the first place but due to value, a lot of people don't get them out which is unfortunate.  It is also no different than fake cobra's running around, very few can afford the real deal.  At the end of the day, he knows it's a tribute/fake and you know yours is real so who cares. 

As far as being a childish a-hole, quite frankly I don't see it that way.  A lot that own these cars probably baby them or push them on and off the trailer, which I am not criticizing, to each his own.  If someone doesn't know how to do controlled burnouts or drive a car hard shouldn't attempt it as they will hurt themselves and others. 

That guy wasn't reckless as he obviously knows how to handle his car, a lot of folks can't and that is okay because they know their limitation.  I have seen many, many others push their cars hard on the street but there again, they know how to drive them. 

My suggestion, take some lessons, understand suspension loading and the geometry behind it, peak power curve and pushing the car into and rolling on the throttle not just on the track but down a country road, it is exhilarating and keeps you from turning into an old man with a polishing cloth :).

Talk about making assumptions  ::) No row houses here or hoa - if I lived in a trailer I wouldn't care about burnouts in front of it either. The owner of the fake gt350 lives in a neighborhood - that was the point.

It is special that you are so impressed by rock hard throwaway track tires being able to do a burnout, you will be really impressed when you finally see a car hook.

Give it time....

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

427hunter

Quote from: rraceme on November 02, 2020, 02:25:47 PM
Quote from: 427hunter on October 31, 2020, 10:09:12 PM
I saw the car in person when I used to live in Los Angeles, it's an A code mustang. I disagree with people that think this is okay, the car had a fake Shelby vin tag on it and is being portrayed as a real car, lets hope it's representing 2227 since the owner of that Shelby is cool with it.

Nobody on this forum is saying use real vin numbers on fake GT350 and representing your clone as real is wrong... this includes me.

427hunter was the one suggested to all future readers to use my vin 2227, not me. Why? because im ok with clones? In my world, we are all entitled to our opinions. That's all it is ---  my opinion, your opinion, their opinion. Also this forum is for varying opinions, outlooks, and lifestyles.

Deathsled - thank you for posting the video - it was cool to watch, motor sounds great, wheel tire combo nice, & the fake GT350 stance is mean looking. I had not seen video before and enjoyed it very much.

I love this forum- even when I have a different opinion than someone else. This forum has the greatest collection of knowledge on GT350's anywhere!  I don't get to read but twice a week (because I work 70 hours a week) but when i do I really enjoy it.

427hunter if I offended you in any way - Im sorry not my intent.  Feel the Shelby love!

We are on the same page then - Fake vin = not okay !

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

rraceme

Quote from: deathsled on November 02, 2020, 02:50:02 PM
You're welcome, rraceme. I found the video in my feed after watching the posted video of a racing Hertz doing burnouts. I liked the sound of the engine and how the car sat. I missed the export brace initially. I like how he fabricated brake ducts for the front valance. It thought it quite innovative.

Best,
Richard E.

Even how the car sits looks great, the stance is very mean looking, you can tell it was a track day car. I wish I knew what type rear spring set up is in the car?  It may not be a real GT350 it looks and sounds great.  thanks!
SFM 6S2227

Greg

Quote from: 427hunter on November 02, 2020, 02:51:32 PM

My suggestion, take some lessons, understand suspension loading and the geometry behind it, peak power curve and pushing the car into and rolling on the throttle not just on the track but down a country road, it is exhilarating and keeps you from turning into an old man with a polishing cloth :).

Talk about making assumptions  ::) No row houses here or hoa - if I lived in a trailer I wouldn't care about burnouts in front of it either. The owner of the fake gt350 lives in a neighborhood - that was the point.

It is special that you are so impressed by rock hard throwaway track tires being able to do a burnout, you will be really impressed when you finally see a car hook.

Give it time....

The best teacher is one that shows it.... so please, proceed and post a video of you doing it right  ;D

As an aside..... I have been poor and lived in a trailer and I don't look down on people that do.  You probably need a character check......just sayin ;)

69mach351w

My suggestion for anyone would be, take some lessons, understand suspension loading and the geometry behind it, peak power curve and pushing the car into and rolling on the throttle not just on the track but down a country road, it is exhilarating and keeps you from turning into an old man with a polishing cloth :).
Very well said.

deathsled

Quote from: rraceme on November 02, 2020, 02:56:34 PM

Best,
Richard E.

Even how the car sits looks great, the stance is very mean looking, you can tell it was a track day car. I wish I knew what type rear spring set up is in the car?  It may not be a real GT350 it looks and sounds great.  thanks!
As a sidebar, here is a painting I commissioned that fairly and accurately portrays the stance of my Dorian Gray.
Below is the photo that Ruben Duran, the artist, worked from. The painting is hand painted from pencil sketches. The guy does amazing work. I asked that he put me forever in the California desert and I named the painting Desert Rental. He even made a metal plaque with the name. Hus work should be displayed in the Art Institute.  We've seen enough bowls of fruit for God's sake.  How about a vintage car or two at speed.

475 pound springs front with one inch drop and leafy leaf springs in the back with Cobra Automotive lowering blocks. Rubber is 205 60R 15 front and 215 60R 15 back. I lucked out with the stance. Not from any brilliance on my part. Dumb luck was at work. I did all the spring work myself much to my amazement. I am no genius when it comes to working on cars so if I can do it, I absolutely guarantee that anyone can do it.
Best,
Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

427hunter

Quote from: Greg on November 02, 2020, 02:59:37 PM

Give it time....

The best teacher is one that shows it.... so please, proceed and post a video of you doing it right  ;D

As an aside..... I have been poor and lived in a trailer and I don't look down on people that do.  You probably need a character check......just sayin ;)

Your the expert "race car" driver giving advice, Let's see that race Shelby you got on your palatial estate....

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

Greg

Quote from: 427hunter on November 02, 2020, 04:59:01 PM

Give it time....

Your the expert "race car" driver giving advice, Let's see that race Shelby you got on your palatial estate....

Your response says it all......  keyboard warrior  ;)

427hunter

Quote from: Greg on November 02, 2020, 06:46:34 PM
Quote from: 427hunter on November 02, 2020, 04:59:01 PM

Give it time....

Your response says it all......  keyboard warrior  ;)

All that s-talk you did and you are not going to show us suckers your race Shelby ? Okay how about the number?

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

rraceme

Quote from: deathsled on November 02, 2020, 04:20:27 PM
Quote from: rraceme on November 02, 2020, 02:56:34 PM

Best,
Richard E.

As a sidebar, here is a painting I commissioned that fairly and accurately portrays the stance of my Dorian Gray.
Below is the photo that Ruben Duran, the artist, worked from. The painting is hand painted from pencil sketches. The guy does amazing work. I asked that he put me forever in the California desert and I named the painting Desert Rental. He even made a metal plaque with the name. Hus work should be displayed in the Art Institute.  We've seen enough bowls of fruit for God's sake.  How about a vintage car or two at speed.

475 pound springs front with one inch drop and leafy leaf springs in the back with Cobra Automotive lowering blocks. Rubber is 205 60R 15 front and 215 60R 15 back. I lucked out with the stance. Not from any brilliance on my part. Dumb luck was at work. I did all the spring work myself much to my amazement. I am no genius when it comes to working on cars so if I can do it, I absolutely guarantee that anyone can do it.
Best,
Richard E.

RICHARD, it  looks great! Lucky you owning a red hertz! very rare color combo. Yes you have a great stance ..... and you car looks good too! LOL thanks for sharing your photo. how much better did your car handle once you changed the spring/tire combo?
SFM 6S2227

69mach351w

Cropped photo?  It looks like the exact same photo in each shot. Same shadows, same upper body features, same finger spacing, same shadow at top of head, in each photo....Cool !! 8)