News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Carb advertised as 1968 GT500 NOS Holley on Craigslist

Started by JWH, August 05, 2023, 07:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Pojedinec

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on August 29, 2023, 12:13:14 AM
Quote from: Drew Pojedinec on August 28, 2023, 11:24:33 PM
This fella has been trying to sell this carb for two years.

An NOS carb with missing parts for $3000 is what it is.
What parts are missing?  I'm curious and would like to be educated.

QSS

Vent lever and closing link.
And no, Holley does NOT sell the correct parts.
They sell modern versions. Myself and a handful of other folks have them or have them made.
Holley sells "a" vent lever but it is meant for side hung bowls and is made differently than the Ford style.

My point was "if it is a perfect untouched original, why are parts missing?"
I do not know the guy, but when I see something listed as NOS, I think I'd want a closer look before paying so much.

shelbydoug

Drew, did you close your Facebook page? There is a Frenchman with a Pantera that I just sent to you. Has Holley carb issues.

I have no idea if he will contact you. The engine has no idle circuit function on a new carb. He's done all of the other tests. He's not a novice, just new to Holleys.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Drew Pojedinec

Page is up.
If he has manufacturing problems with a brand new carb from Holley, he should contact them.

Prototype

Special Ed

if someone buys this carb i have the original parts here extra if needed as years ago i bought out an old holley rebuilders inventory to get missing parts for the 30 or so holleys i got here that were missing parts and now i got extra parts.