News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

looking to transport a car from Massachusetts to Seattle ?

Started by cjmustangman, February 28, 2018, 12:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjmustangman

Any one have any haulers to suggest or heading west with an empty trailer ?
Thanks
Arild

tag031

I've used MA based Intercity Lines a number of time without any problems. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for!

GT500KRust

Positive experiences with Intercity Lines & Passport Transport. Some carriers will subcontract, it seems like Dependable Auto Shippers gets a lot of that type of work and they do not have great reviews.

terlingua11

I recommend Intercity.

CA to Wisconsin twice
VA to Wisconsin once

All 3 times they did exactly what they said from a time line perspective and price. Cars were treated excellent and the drivers were very personable.

SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Bill

Horseless Carriage gets my vote as well as Intercity and Reliable (orange trucks)

http://www.horselesscarriage.com/

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bigfoot

Intercity and Reliable.
I'm only saying Reliable bc Mike from Intercity works there now and understands our cars.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

What is it? I might be able to drive it there for you :o
Think reliving the Cannonball
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Shelby_r_b

Definitely had great experiences with Passport Transport.  They have been the best on cost (sans independents that are usually very unreliable). 

I've used Reliable, Passport, independents, Exotic Car Transport...Passport has done between 10 and 20 shipments for me and I've never had a problem.

...just my 2 cents.  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

stangman39

Does it have to go enclosed?
I've used Chris at DiscountAutoTransport.com for years.
He's a broker but also a Stang guy.  Gets great rates and very good to work with.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

cjmustangman

Thanks for all the replies, this car is a non running 69 Convert and does not have to go enclosed. I have used several enclosed haulers before with no issues but am having trouble finding and economical mode of transport so far., prices from $2700 to $3700.
I will get a quote from all your suggestions, and please keep them coming.
thanks again Arild

Auto shipping out to us has been insanely expensive for years.

I have had several cars shipped here from parts east of the Rockies and you would think you were asking to have it sent to Mars. I guess the 10 million people between Salem and Vancouver BC are just imaginary?

I wouldn't recommend this for a car that was super valuable, but you can put it out for bid to independent shippers and big companies trying to complete their load here;

https://www.uship.com

I had a 7,000 pound excavator shipped across country for about $1400. Company looking to fill their lowboy hauling other products was the low bid. Yes it was insured and there were no problems.

SFM5S000

Quote from: cjmustangman on March 01, 2018, 10:22:41 AM
Thanks for all the replies, this car is a non running 69 Convert and does not have to go enclosed. I have used several enclosed haulers before with no issues but am having trouble finding and economical mode of transport so far., prices from $2700 to $3700.
I will get a quote from all your suggestions, and please keep them coming.
thanks again Arild

I believe the biggest issue you will have with a commercial transport is the fact that the vehicle is non running as you say. Your $2700 a $3700 seems high. I too have used Intercity from CA to NY and that was$2500.
I just spoke to my contact this morning at All Auto Transport, she is a broker there. She quoted me $2500 to CA and $1800 back to NY for the August time frame (SAAC43 and Monterey events in an enclosed trailer), but at the end of the day, I'll still prefer Intercity. I have yet to get current pricing.

Cheers,
~Earl J

stangman39

It's a long haul for sure.
I've found inops usually get $100-200 more.
You should be able to get it done on an open hauler for 70-80c/mile if you're patient.