News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 underdash amperes gauge

Started by 69mach351w, March 01, 2018, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69mach351w

Were there markings on the back of the amp gauge of the 67? If so, were the numbers sequenced like 357DP-?? or something like that? Just curious.
Rich

1967 eight barrel

Yes, mine had ink-stamped numbers. However, I didn't document them.

-Keith

BGlover67

This is the back of an original amp gauge I picked up recently.  I also have a 2 inch gauge in the same series.  I looks identical only it's smaller, but it has a different indicator.  It has 357-DP stamped in ink on the back of it.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

roddster

More interesting is the hand made mounting.  A brazed "tee" object that enabled the gauge to be held in wit one nut on the back of the Ralley pac cup mount.
Don't ask me.  Right now my car is "in the bubble" for the winter.

1967 eight barrel

Rod,
You want to talk about scary? There are no fuses involved there and the wiring grounded to the inside of the housing.... I insulated the inside of the pod when I reassembled the pod post wrinkle paint.
                                                                          -Keith

texas swede

Many years ago, I found a guy in Walnut Creek, CA by the name of Marc Hefte who had bought
stuff from Shelby when they moved away from LAX. The specific bracket for the 67 gauge holder
and the pods with the holes drilled to attach the bracket sides were stuff I bought from him.
Texas Swede

69mach351w

Do the backs of all Shelby ampere gauges look like the second photo you posted?

1967 eight barrel

69mach351w

Ok, I seen the other one like in photo #4 at a flea market and didn't get it cause I didn't think it was correct.